Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Life vests for larger people

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 steveg7398

steveg7398

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationShepherdsville, KY

Posted 05 June 2016 - 07:57 PM

Anyone tell me some options for a life vest for a guy with a 60 inch chest? It's hard finding vests that are 3-4XL. I like the look of the NRS Chinook but only goes to 50" chest. I emailed them and said maybe they will have one in 2017. I want to be safe, tried a sport vest and it rubbed me raw and rode up in back. I have the Native Mariner and want something that fits me and my kayak. Can anyone push me in right direction.
Steve

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:46 PM

Cabela's makes a good fitting vest for kayakers. My buddy that is a 6X bought one from them last week after being told by the LEO that his Class V inflatable was not legal for NC kayakers (still looking into that one). He found it in the store...I don't see it online.

I wear a Bass Pro Shops model that has a neoprene collar and netting shoulders. It is very light  weight and cool. Look up their Tournament Mesh Fishing Life Jacket. It comes in all sizes.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,501 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:42 PM

Here is the Cabela's PFD I mentioned: it is a Cabela's Full Motion Life Jacket IK-023331. It comes in sizes up to a 2x/3x and my buddy that is a definite 6X could get the 2x/3x on with no problems once he let out the side sizing straps.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#4 steveg7398

steveg7398

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:55 PM

Here is the Cabela's PFD I mentioned: it is a Cabela's Full Motion Life Jacket IK-023331. It comes in sizes up to a 2x/3x and my buddy that is a definite 6X could get the 2x/3x on with no problems once he let out the side sizing straps.

#5 steveg7398

steveg7398

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

Thanks I will check out this week. They don't make it easy to find a life vest when you are a bigger fella.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users