Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Propel drive clamp crack

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 cvp71

cvp71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

My drive is 2 months old and just noticed a crack in it today. Hopefully the replacement is the new design.

• manno likes this

#22 rolltide14

rolltide14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFort Lee VA

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:55 PM

I just bought a 2017 slayer 13 yesterday. My propel drive doesn't have the four bolts it only had two. Did the dealer give my the wrong drive?

#23 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

The change to a 4 bolt design was an inline change that took place earlier this year so some 2017's will still come with the two bolt design.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#24 rolltide14

rolltide14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationFort Lee VA

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

Ok thanks. Mine was assembled in March. I'm going to take all precautions prevent any cracking on my drive.
  • NOG Admin likes this

#25 ttnguyen

ttnguyen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:46 AM

Just noticed my propel drive is cracked.  Will Native honor warranty for second owner?  How much is a replacement drive?

#26 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

The warranty literature that comes with a new kayak states the warranty is for two years and is not transferable from the original owner, however there have been some instances where second owners have had some success with a resolve for a repair or exchange with a refurbished drive at a lower cost than new. This would be something you would need to bring in and discuss with a local native retailer. A brand new drive is about $925.

#27 Bighitdhracer

Bighitdhracer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:28 PM

Is there anyway that the people with a pre-2017's drive can order just the new updated top portion of the drive which contains the thwart tube, clamp and upper gear assembly. I didn't know that they were able to separate until watching the propel drive fully stripped found on https://www.youtube....8&v=nbjdhKkZeYY. Skip to 15:30 to see exactly what I am talking about. It would be nice to know that people that do have cracked clamps can just order a new upper unit instead of a buying a brand new drive or having someone weld the crack.

#28 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:37 PM

Unfortunately the drive housing sections are not available as replacement parts. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users