Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo

Ultimate FX Propel Hummingbird Transducer install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TacoBo

TacoBo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 12:16 AM

Finally made my own bracket to mount the transducer. Thought I would share a photo in case anyone else was having similar issues. I made it out of flat aluminum bar that I could cut and bend easily. The hardware is all stainless. I used a piece of silent traction in the battery box to keep it from moving, and I used the West Marine cable pass through inside the drive well per the video Native posted on how to properly route that. The only thing that I didn't like is that the cable groove leading from the transducer recess to the drive well was too large for my cable. I used zip ties (not shown) as added measure to keep it in place. All in all, I was pleased once I got past the transducer bracket issue. Hope this helps.

Attached Files

• NOG Admin likes this

#2 johnkook73

johnkook73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationPrince George, Va

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:12 AM

Looks good. Now I have a few ideas. Thanks for sharing.

#3 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:17 AM

This should work well for sonar and maybe Down Image but for Side Image units it's going to be a little tricky.
I made a run at installing my SI Transducer and that was easy, the tricky part is getting in low enough not to have a obstruction
Left and right. It looks like by the time you get it where it needs to be it will stick out to far for any protection and you would not be able to even beach your yak.
I haven't completely given up on the idea but for now have gone a different route. Will be testing this week.

This was my first attempt

#4 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:54 PM

This is my solution to mounting my HUMMINBIRD HDSI transducer, so far I've logged about 60 hours and not one problem. I lower it after I launch and pull it up before beaching. I can raise and lower from inside the yak or while wading. I actually lowered it some since these photos, now when the yak is sitting on the floor the transducer is about 1/2" from touching the floor.

Attached Files

#5 Chris Blake

Chris Blake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationShreveport La

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

Nice! TacoBo, I may have to copy you this week. My FX 13 should be in Wednesday

#6 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:39 PM

So far my SI transducer mounting is working great, the only small issues are sometimes you need to raise it when you beach and lower it when you launch also in rough water it will come out of the water as the bow rides the bigger waves. Neither of these are a issue for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users