Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Motor mount

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dwight Harley

Dwight Harley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 01:04 PM

Anyone have experience with the Native electric trolling motor mount?

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

The mount itself is stil being tweaked for production but should be out soon. When Native had the motor guide unit for the mariner and original ultimate multi sport propel it would move really well. Being that you could rotate the unit 180 degrees you could move the kayak laterally.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 FLATS813

FLATS813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:58 AM

Hi - When you have the chance, do you have a sense of when the motor mount may be coming out?  Is it designed to be mounted to the track system?

Also, I have a guy in town who can fabricate one for my and he said that he can do so where it attaches to the rail system.  Does anyone know if this sort of load on the track system will, in time, cause the hardware to become warped, loosened or broken?  I am thinking about adding a minn kota 55 thrust trolling motor to my Ultimate 15 FX, but do not want to do something that will cause it to flex out and get messed up. 

Thanks!

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 06:59 AM

The mount is available now thru Get Outdoors. Be sure to use your member discount to receive 10% off. The mount also qualifies for free shipping to US addresses. http://shopgetoutdoo...ot002-7167.html

The discount code can be obtained by clicking member discount at the top of the forum page.

#5 FLATS813

FLATS813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:12 AM

Gotcha.  Unfortunately this one seems geared towards the propel drive which doesn't apply to me.....  I have a tandem Ultimate 15 FX paddling kayak....do you have anything in the works for that type of setup - perhaps something that installs on the tracks?  Thanks so much for all of your help!

#6 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

It is, sorry about that. Currently there isn't a factory option or plan to develop an offset track mounted motor mount, although it would be fairly easy to construct one yourself if you have the tools.

#7 FLATS813

FLATS813

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

You're absolutely right.  I have a guy in town who fabricates awesome motor mounts and told me he could create one for my ultimate, but that it would install on to the gear tracks.  I just didn't know if over time, the vibration of the motor, or the weight of it, would somehow loosen my tracks and bend them out......I was going to add a 55 thrust minn kota trolling motor.  He assures me there is no risk to my kayak, but I'm not so sure.  Anyway, thanks again for all of your awesome help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users