Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

drive latch keeps working loose and opens ? how do i stop this?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mark Hadley

mark Hadley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:10 PM

the latch that holds the drive down keeps working itself loose and let the drive pop up. how do i fix this? the harder i peddle the faster it pops loose.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:41 PM

Hi Mark,

Which model Propel do you have, Ultimate, Mariner, or Slayer? If an older Ultimate it would be helpful to attach a photo of the latch to clarify since there were two versions used.

-thanks

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 mark Hadley

mark Hadley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:39 PM

its a older ultimate propel 14.5 multi sport. i can't get a pic ,till tomorrow. the latch is plastic and doesn't click when pushed in. 

#4 mark Hadley

mark Hadley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:38 PM

ok here are two pic of the drive latch...Attached File  20160403_150837.jpg   149.33KB   1 downloadsAttached File  20160403_150820.jpg   165.86KB   0 downloads

#5 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:52 PM

Thanks, that helps a lot. What you're missing is a metal spring-like clip. It is held onto the main bolted on section by the slots in its side. When the slider lock is engaged it the retaining clip then flips down, holding the backside of the slider from backing out. Not sure they are still available but you may be able to make your own out of steel wire. Attached is a description and use.

Attached File  ultimate_slider_latch_spring.jpg   89.1KB   0 downloads

• mark Hadley likes this

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#6 mark Hadley

mark Hadley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 07:59 PM

GREAT that makes sense i think i can make one. thanks for the info.

• NOG Admin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users