Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Teflon grease

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lefty

lefty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:48 AM

Can you purchase just a tube of Teflon grease without the nozzle pump?

#2 scott9706

scott9706

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 02:39 AM

your local bike shop should have Finish line Teflon grease which is what they recommend or at least that is what I have read about.

#3 lefty

lefty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:52 AM

Thanks Scott,
I bought this Teflon Grease and nozzle from our fantastic dealers Adelaie Canoe Works in South Australia a couple of years ago, but the base of the tube below the screw point split open some how and rather than buy it with the nozzle again which is some 80 Aussie dollars I thought I'll check and see if you can just buy the tube.

#4 Squidslayer

Squidslayer

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 22 March 2017 - 04:38 AM

Thanks Scott,
I bought this Teflon Grease and nozzle from our fantastic dealers Adelaie Canoe Works in South Australia a couple of years ago, but the base of the tube below the screw point split open some how and rather than buy it with the nozzle again which is some 80 Aussie dollars I thought I'll check and see if you can just buy the tube.

I know this is dredging up an old thread but you can use an alternate PTFE grease.

In Australia you don't need to pay the huge $$$ for a small tube of grease. 400gram tub for about $20...

INOX make a great grease for extreme conditions which has PTFE. Its called MX8 and I've used it for the past couple of years with excellent results.

I did clean off all of the old grease as you shouldn't mix them.

Cheers,

Squid

Slayer propel - Blue lagoon

Adelaide - South Australia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users