Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

2014 Slayer Propel 13 - Maryland

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 J.A. Veil

J.A. Veil

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:01 AM

I am selling my 2014 Slayer Propel 13 pedal-drive kayak (road cone orange color). Attached File  002.JPG   285.97KB   4 downloads

It is a roomy and fast boat and has a hull weight of 85 lbs (not including seat and Propel drive). It also paddles well when there are situations when the Propel drive cannot be used. I am selling because of increasing problems with my back and legs that make handling this boat on land challenging for me. I find myself using my two smaller kayaks instead, so decided to sell the larger one. It has always been a great fish-catching machine that still has plenty of fishing mojo left in it. 

Condition

The kayak has some scratches on the side and bottom from use. It has always been stored indoors in my walk-out basement. The steering cable was replaced in November, and the kayak was used only twice after that. Other than these issues, the kayak is in excellent shape. I have maintained the Propel drive myself -- it is smooth and quiet. 

Features and Add-Ons

The Slayer Propel 13 offers raised "lawn-chair" style seating. The seat is mounted on tracks so it can be slid forward and backward to optimize pedaling position. The backrest can be tilted forward or backward to give multiple seating positions.

Attached File  004.JPG   676.02KB   1 downloads

The Propel drive offers pedal-drive propulsion in both forward and reverse.

Attached File  013.JPG   499.85KB   2 downloads

The kayak has numerous gear tracks in the front and the rear to allow attachment of various accessories. Bungee cords criss-cross both the front and rear areas to allow additional points of attachment and storage. 

The Slayer Propel 13 has several large-diameter scupper drains to allow draining of water. A full set of deluxe scupper plugs is included. 

I am including an upgraded BooneDox aluminum rudder as well as the standard rudder. 

Attached File  030.jpg   195.1KB   1 downloads

I am including the plastic cover for the front hatch, which has been an optional accessory, and two Scotty rod holders and bases that I installed behind the seat. 

Attached File  006.JPG   762.94KB   1 downloads  Attached File  024.JPG   898.72KB   1 downloads

The kayak currently has a Lowrance LMS 527C 5" color FF/GPS installed. It includes a Navionics chip. I get excellent sonar readings (I can see a jighead moving up and down in 25 ft depth) and good GPS mapping. This unit is installed without any drilled holes. I can offer a lower price for the package if the FF/GPS is removed. 

Attached File  005.JPG   293.52KB   2 downloads

Asking Price

The original 2014 retail price for this kayak was $2399. In 2015 the price was raised to $2459. The 2016 price increased to $2599, but it included some new things not in the earlier boats. 

I am asking $2100 for the kayak with all standard equipment, plus the BooneDox rudder ($70), the front hatch cover ($79), two installed Scotty #280 rod holders ($45 for rod holders, bases, and stainless steel hardware), and a fully installed FF/GPS with Scotty mounting bracket and Navionics card (>$300). 

I will reduce the price to $1900 if you do not want the FF/GPS.  The kayak must be picked up at my home in Annapolis, MD.

• nj05nismo likes this

John Veil
Native Watercraft Pro Staff team
Slayer Propel 10 and Manta Ray 11

#2 J.A. Veil

J.A. Veil

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 03:36 PM

Sold.

John Veil
Native Watercraft Pro Staff team