Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Tag along wheel.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bcfryer

bcfryer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationCentral Georgia

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:54 AM

I would like to have a tag along wheel to install on a Native Redfish . Anyone here that would like to sell me theirs?

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 07:40 AM

The bracket and wheel are only designed to attach to the Slayer, Manta Ray and Versa Board. The bolt pattern and position on the Redfish is for a rudder only and too high for the bracket and wheel.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 bcfryer

bcfryer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:20 PM

the two lower screws are for rudder ??   

Attached Files

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:30 AM

I stand corrected. Your models obviously have the bolt pattern. I didn't recall them being added before they were discontinued. If you can't find used you can get them for 10% off + free shipping at http://shopgetoutdoo...long-wheel.html

#5 bcfryer

bcfryer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:50 PM

hey that's great. If I don't find used I will certainly give you a try. Thanks

#6 bcfryer

bcfryer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:49 PM

Tried to order two Tag along wheels today. Went to Get outdoors thru the owners group and selected the two tag wheels,  went to cart to check out and was given the 10% discount but could not get the free shipping as there is no place to bypass paid shipping. Called the store and they say the tag along wheel is no longer available as an accessory. Well what about this. Thanks, Ben Fryer 478-318-5154 Macon,Ga   

#7 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,990 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:26 PM

I know Native wasn't selling many as an accessory or replacement but it seems odd to discontinue the offering considering it's still available on new kayaks. Often manufacturers order the exact amount of some parts to build x amount of boats, not holding extras is the only reason I can think but I'll double check with the factory. It'll likely be next week before we hear back since they're closed this week.

#8 bcfryer

bcfryer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:39 PM

ok thanks Ill be looking for your reply.

#9 bcfryer

bcfryer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:02 AM

Was able to obtain two of the tag along wheel and brackets  as accessories from Austin kayak. They arrived Saturday via fed ex. Took the one I had off of my Slayer 14 and did a mod on it. I replaced the standard axle with a 5" stainless , added two outboard wheels 5" in diameter. Kayak seems more stable and stays level with a load of gear on it. Doesn't want to tip side to side. Ground clearance has been upped by 1/2 ".  The two wheels I added are actually lawn mower deck wheels found at my local lowes store. They have a 1/2 bore which I bushed out to 3/8" with a brass bushing also at lowes in the specialty fastener hardware area.

I am going to try this out for a while before changing any more over. Should work fine.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users