Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Lower shell gasket

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Krevo81

Krevo81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 10:51 AM

So I recently picked up an older Native Mariner with the propel drive disassembled.  The guy was up front about the work it needed and gave me new gears, bearings, a new lower end/prop, and a bunch of other stuff.  The one part he was missing is the lower shell gasket.  He ordered one through a local Native retailer in Austin in July and they still haven't received it.  I can't find a contact number for Native, but I was wondering if anyone has a made their own gasket?  I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to just buy a sheet of gasket material and cut one out.  Any thoughts?  I want to reassemble this drive right now but this is the only thing holding me up.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:06 PM

Native doesn't have a direct, general public, published contact, however the route is thru a Native retailer as you've already done.

The gasket material is rubber, non-cemented in place. The factory gasket covers the whole surface of the housing, less the bolt and drive shaft holes.

It probably goes without saying, but, if you make your own test it after use and maybe a again after a few more uses to make sure it's a sound seal.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users