Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Cold Weather Gear

cold weather clothing gloves shoes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FEC

FEC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:54 AM

What do you guys wear while kayak fishing during winter months. Thought I would give it a try this year.

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

I will dress with fleece and breathable  raingear over it...and have a spare set in a dry bag just in case. I wear Muck boots in the winter. If I were going out in extremes, I do have a full blown survival suit...PFD bibs and PFD jacket in bright orange I can wear...but that stuff can get confining and your body heat builds up quickly. Most of the coastal guys I know have full-on dry suits.

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#3 Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationGaribaldi, Oregon

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:48 PM

Get a good dry suit if there's a chance of being in cold water for any more then 5 minutes get one big enough to put 2-3 layers on under it nrs make some good ones and a relief zipper is real nice. Keep in mind I'm an NWKA member and we fish a lot in the ocean and safety is our biggest thing. Most of the time but it's s public forum and remember the advice you get on line is worth exactly what you payed for it.
My wife keeps saying I never listen to her..... Or something like that?
A happy marriage begins with a happy wife..... Because if she's not happy NOBODY is happy.

#4 Jack Millet

Jack Millet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationWhite, Georgia

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:34 PM

I dress in layers.  When it starts warming up I start shedding.

#5 Mikem

Mikem

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 09:59 PM

Shorts, wading boots and Bimini Bay, Columbia or Cabelas short sleeve fishing shirt. If it gets below 70* tee shirt and  long sleeve fishing shirt.

Love Florida!

• EdR likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users