Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2017 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Mariner propel 12.5 in Oregon

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationGaribaldi, Oregon

Posted 15 August 2015 - 11:06 AM

Just picked up a used native mariner 12.5 propel for the wife as she can't paddle due to shoulder and neck problems, but can out peddle me. I'm a member on a local kayak forum but will not include the name unless I have permission first. Love fishing the Oregon coast because we live on the Tillamook bay.
Tight lines and full stringers.
My wife keeps saying I never listen to her..... Or something like that?
A happy marriage begins with a happy wife..... Because if she's not happy NOBODY is happy.

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:31 PM

Let's see some photos of you guys out fishing in the bay...and it is fine to mention other forums. We aren't to crazy about sales links to other kayaking businesses that compete with the site owner...Get:Outdoors...but other than that, names or other forum links are fine. 

The Propels, like you mention, are great for those that have arm or neck injuries where they have a time with a paddle. We are seeing a lot more use with Propel boats from groups like Heroes On the Water. Getting on the water pedaling is a great way to get low impact exercise not to mention the mental therapy it also gives. 

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#3 Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 12:46 AM

NWKA is our local site and we do H.O.W. Stuff here every chance we get. I put together a tournament for them for our club members here is the link but the web site that hosted it is soon to close ( lack of interest to continue the $) so look fast http://www.noyaks.co...okbay12015.html
Had one guy come all the way from Montana and another from Idaho just to fish it then I took them out of Pacific City, Oregon (PC on NEKA) for bottom fishing.
A happy marriage begins with a happy wife..... Because if she's not happy NOBODY is happy.

#4 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:56 AM

Looks like a really good time with some good eats too. You guys use a lot of Hobies!

#5 Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

They use a lot of hobies I ride a Jackson big tuna and my wife now rides a mariner. There's a lot of big river fishing for salmon so peddles are almost a must unless you have a lot of upper body strength. Ps how do you post pictures here link to them only or copy paste?

#6 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:42 PM

My best friend paddles a BigRig. I really like the side rod storage that is on that boat. I can see having a Big Tuna for when I have grand kids down the road...but that side rod storage is pretty darned cool.

#7 Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

I have a 3 yr old grandson and I have taken my daughter and my youngest son 22yr old as well as my father in law out on the lake that's the reason I decided on the big tuna

#8 Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

I had to get my wife's boat bloody trolling for salmon in the Nehalem River.

Attached Files

#9 Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:03 AM

Put on the 125mm crank arms from the unicycle online shop and dropped a crab trap ,trolled for rock fish then salmon it was WAY too long for a big guy with arthritis in the right hip. Not use to the peddle thing yet, but the shorter crank arms were the cats meow for someone under 6'. I can't understand why they don't sell new boats with peddle length options based on customer preference when demo is possible. Limited on smaller rock fish no crab for my pot and had to release a native coho salmon that my friend netted for me because I don't have a net holder on the wife's boat yet. For revenge on the coho release I went out on a friends PB and slayed two chinook salmon.
Photos of a friend to get scale on the "sea bass"/"rock cod"/"black rock fish" depends on who you ask.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users