Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Registration, Dealer Servicing and Warranty Info

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:54 PM

The following procedures should be followed to register, obtain service and obtain warranty service should the need arise.

Registration

You've just purchased a new Native Watercraft Propel model kayak from an Authorized Dealer. The first step to protect your investment is to register your hull and Propel drive serial numbers online at www.nativewatercraft.com Registration

Dealer Servicing

Currently, not all Native Watercraft are Certified Propel Service Centers, however, servicing your Propel is relatively simple, requiring only a few tools. Within this thread are video tutorials on disassembly, part replacement and assembly. If you are uncomfortable performing periodic maintenance please see your local dealer or contact Native Watercraft. Propel Maintenance, Service & Warranty

•Should you prefer to have a certified dealer service your Propel, please contact the forum owner, Get:Outdoors of Greensboro, NC.

Warranty (from Native Watercraft 5/2015)

1) Native Watercraft guarantees and warrants your new Propel against defects in workmanship and materials for two years from its purchase date. 

2) For warranty to be valid, the original purchaser must have registered their boat via the Native Watercraft website within two weeks of the purchase. Warranty is only valid to the original owner.

To submit a warranty claim:

The warranty claim must be submitted to Native Watercraft by the dealer from which the PropelTM was originally purchased. In submitting the claim, the dealer will need:

•   Serial Number of the Boat

•   Serial Number of PropelTM

•   Proof of purchase

•  Physical inspection of the PropelTM or pictures of the area in question

• This warranty does not cover:

•   Normal wear to the PropelTM

•   Damage caused by abuse or misuse

•   Damage caused by failure to perform routine maintenance

•   Failure due to improper transportation

•   Issues resulting from modifications to the boat or PropelTM that were made by anyone other than a Native Watercraft Authorized Dealer. 

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#2 02seedoc

02seedoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 31 May 2015 - 04:14 PM

what happens if you bought a new boat several months ago and have not registered it??

#3 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:21 PM

I haven't heard of nor am I aware of a definitive denial of warranty coverage due to a non-registered kayak. I believe the intention of the directive is to have the customer record with Native on the purchase and not solely rely on dealer records for purchase date info.

#4 Pelican

Pelican

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 10:25 AM

I just registered my FX Propel then I realized there was not a place to enter the serial number for the Propel unit. If you select the Slayer Propel there's a place to enter info for the Propel unit but once you select FX Propel it goes away.

#5 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 04:43 PM

Thanks for the heads up. We'll send word of the error.

#6 cabajohw

cabajohw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, TX

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:19 PM

I purchased my Slayer Propel 13 a little while back and I've moved several hundred miles away from the dealer which it was purchased at. If something were to happen and needed assistance, will it be a problem to take it to the dealer in my new town? Thanks!

John

#7 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 05:31 AM

Hi John,

If you ever find yourself in need of service you can certainly take it to your closest dealer. With regard to warranty issues you would generally speak to and work through your dealer of purchase. Depending on the potential issue Native would potentially work with either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users