Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

2015 Automatic For The People

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Anton

Anton

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:12 PM

I had trouble using the scupper mount for my Lowrance 4-HDI FF as the scuppers in the Slayer Propel 13 are too wide, and therefore I needed to do some mods so the transducer would fit.

A purpose built transducer hole would be great, even if it has a scupper type plug in it for those who don't need or want to mount a transducer this way.

I have seen a lot of posts on the forum concerning transducer mounting issues.

Just my 2 peddle's worth

Slayer Propel 13 - cammo

Please visit my YouTube Channel:

https://www.youtube....6MPsArt1wMSzOHQ

#22 yooper

yooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:34 PM

Another vote for some kind of transducer mounting solution.

#23 Jack Millet

Jack Millet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWhite, Georgia

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:49 PM

A suggested modification for the new Propel Trolling motor mount.

I was told by Customer service that the new Trolling mother mount was designed for the newer model propel and would probably not fit my '09 16' Ultimate Propel Multi Sport Tandem. He said that I would need the model with the 20" bar. I measured mu bar position and it is right at 20".

I ordered one anyway just to see if I could modify it to work with my YAK. I got it today and mounted in my '09 16". It went in perfectly. the two lock clips that secure the bar fit great, then I swung it down into position and the third clip that holds the mount in place
worked perfectly.

I then put an old small electric trolling motor on and it fits I place except that it sit about 3/4" back from the front propel opening.

The mount has a slot with two bolts that allow it to slide back and forth about 3". If Native would make this slot about 1" longer in the front, I could slide my unit all the way forward. I will modify mine by drilling one bolt hole about 3/4" forward of the slot (the second bolt will stay in the existing slot), and mine will be a perfect fit.

This is a lot easier modification than I had hoped for. I will not make the modification until I get my hands on the trolling motor I intend to use.

I could use it as is and it would work, but I'm pretty sure that being 3/4" back will allow water to flow through the space between the
front wall and the shaft. The rubber flap built into the hatch cover does allow the shaft to go into the propel opening but it does leavethat opening between the shaft and the front of the propel slot.

If it will fit, I plan to put a 24V 86# thrust trolling motor. Why so much thrust? ... Why not?
  • NOG Admin and Skully like this

#24 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,058 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 08:03 PM

Appreciate you sharing the info, Jack. If you don't mind add a photo or two of either setup.

-thanks
  • Jack Millet likes this

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#25 Moxymo

Moxymo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationOzark , Missouri

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

I would like seeing a way to really secure the seat and propel units from being released from the kayak in the event of a capsize . Currently they are effective only some of the time but leaving something lacking in the assurance department .

#26 Skully

Skully

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWNY

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:27 PM

I would like seeing a way to really secure the seat and propel units from being released from the kayak in the event of a capsize . Currently they are effective only some of the time but leaving something lacking in the assurance department .

How in the world could the seat possibly come out?  It's screwed down right into the tracks??    I sure hope it can't come out, cause I never even take it out when it's on my roof going 65 mph !!   LOL

The drive could be better secured, sure. Those little plastic clips aren't all that reassuring, but I'm also hoping I never tip it over!!   ;)

#27 stratos260

stratos260

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:58 AM

I don't know if this is even possible but I would like to see a rudder system similar to what feel free has that could be deployed or pulled up from the seat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users