Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

New Versa Board Owner

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LCC9115

LCC9115

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

Just picked up a used Versa Board to use for fishing around Charleston, SC. Really excited about it. I've read most of your posts and have some ideas about how i'll rig it up. 

Has anyone tried fishing one of these with 2 people? One person on the rear with the SUP paddle or push pole and another person closer to the front with a rod? 

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:25 PM

I've only done it with a smaller child, either on the bow or stern. Two adults would be pushing the weight capacity. Also, ideally, you want to stand where the hull is most rigid, where the scuppers are, but only while on the water.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 ATC67STANG

ATC67STANG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Florida

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

I have also joined the Native family as a Versa board owner. I'm Curious as to what is the best way to mount my sounder? I've view the Scotty universal mount and that seems to be the best option, however, what about the transducer mount. I do not want to add holes to my board just yet.

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 06:58 AM

ATC67STANG, this might give you an idea http://nativeownersg...dadding-the-ff/

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#5 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:20 PM

I was gonna link that to my setup. Not many guys running sounder on these boats but I love having it. As far as two adults I've done it during a rescue event and I will say it's...interesting. Not something I would reccomend doing as they don't like being loaded that heavy
- Jeremy

Native watercraft prostaff

Olive U14.5 - dash, p-max 180, PVC seat riser, neoprene floor

Mango Versa Board angler - p-max 180, stick it anchor pin (8ft), custom rod rests

Ice Liquid logic Versa Board (wifes toy) - track mounted scotty mount

Lime Mariner 12.5 - the new battlewagon - now with slayer seat with custom mount.

Firebrick Mariner 12.5 - the battlewagons twin

Mango mariner 10 - the wife's battle wagon

Mango/yellow marble Liquid logic remix xp-10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users