Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Installing a HDS Lowrance transducer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Voetsek

Voetsek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:36 PM

So i have been searching the internet for how people have installed a transducer for my HDS 5.  I want to mount it through hull, which means I will need to drill a hole to pass the cable through the skin of the kayak.  So far i haven't found anything that will allow me to run it.  It will require a 1 inch hole to pass the cable connector through and the "through hull" connectors I have seen so far won't work.

Who has done this and how did they do it?

Thanks.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:23 AM

We have 1" thru hull fittings for cabling. We're currently over-hauling our website so I couldn't locate the part online but it's a two-piece part consisting of a rubber gasket and a hard plastic hood, all held on with three small screws which can be screwed directly into the hull. Applying a small amount of silicone around the wire opening and cables seats it all up. We'll be open tomorrow at 10am of you'd like to call to order 800-450-6819

Here's a photoAttached File  image.jpg   6.22KB   0 downloads
And installed
Attached File  image.jpg   47.13KB   0 downloads

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#3 Evil bass hunter

Evil bass hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationManchester, CT.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

This is my idea for a transducer mount, I'm a kayak fisherman on a budget...
Here is my Diy transducer mount.. I use the factory scupper plug and some pvc

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users