Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Replacement wheel for Native carts?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 michang5

michang5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

Recent lurker, first time poster... I picked up a new-to-me 2011 Mariner 12.5 recently. Love it. It came with a busted Native Propel/Smart Cart -- broken center axle and a flat tire. I was able to get another axle from ACK and patch the tire with Slime. However, I would like a backup wheel just in case. ACK quoted $50 for a new one. YIKES! I've searched all over the Internet — and at local stores — and cannot find a suitable replacement. Most other wheelbarrow/hand cart wheels fit smaller axles (5/8"). Any suggestions? Or is the official one the way to go? Thanks for any guidance.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

Yikes is right. I'm surprised it's that much. Have you tried Harbor Freight or Northern Tool?

#3 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

If not those two try mcmaster. They have all sorts of wheels and should have something that will fit...

#4 michang5

michang5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. Drove to each on Friday. Unfortunately neither store had the right wheel. Harbor Freight was the closest with a 13" wheel with a 1" axle bore. There were plenty of 10" wheels with 5/8" axle. :( Will check out McMasters online. Haven't heard of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users