Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Cheap and Easy Camera Mount

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 AustinFJ

AustinFJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

Like the title says, easy and cheap. I used a lot of old parts I had around, but would guess you could make this for under $10 plus the Ram ball if you need it. Took me maybe 15 minutes to make it once I had all the parts together. As with most DIY projects I do it ends up changing and I pull it apart and redo it. The first time the bolt stuck thru the cap about 3/4" with the idea of using a Yak Attack screw ball to attach the camera. By the time I bought a ball and the double socket it would no longer be cheap. I already own a GoPro tripod mount so I cut down the bolt so it would mount flush. Either way works. I added a little loctite to the bolt to make sure the GoPro mount stays tight. Supplies 1 - old hollow broom handle 1 - short length of PVC that fits inside of hollow broom handle 1 - PVC cap to fit 1 - stainless steel bolt with phillips head, whatever thread pattern you need 2 - self tapping screw 1 - orange duct tape Directions 1. Remove one end of the broom handle 2. Drill hole in top of PVC cap and run bolt out of the top. Drill the hole a little small and thread the bolt thru for a snug fit. You can always add a nut on top if the fit isn't right. 3. Cut PVC pipe around 6" long. Make sure you have a screwdriver long enough to reach the bolt end. 4. Glue cap with bolt installed onto PVC pipe 5. Push PVC pipe into open end of broom handle. This should be a tight fit. Mine actually scraped some of the PVC off as it slip in. 6. Install to set screws to prevent movement between handle and PVC, this is probably overkill. 7. Wrap with orange duct tape for added visibility Done, Enjoy [ATTACH=CONFIG]5153[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5151[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5154[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5152[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]5155[/ATTACH]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users