Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Manta Ray 14 Advice: Trying to make a Decision.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Aggie01

Aggie01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

Native MR owners need advice. I am sure before you bought your Manta Ray you demo a few boats. Demo the Manta Ray 14 and WS Tarpon 140. Having hard time deciding between those 2 boats. Both have pros and cons. Can you share why you decided on the Native MR over other similar models like the Trident 13, Tarpon 14 ect. Thanks Local dealer was out of the Manta Ray and was told by Native that they have temporarily stopped new production of the Manta Ray model because they are backed up trying to fill Slayer and Propel orders. Anyone else have heard this?

#2 J.A. Veil

J.A. Veil

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

The Manta Ray seat is wonderfully comfortable. That is a strong selling point for me. I own the MR 11 and MR 14 -- in part because of seat comfort.

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:37 PM

I think the MR seat is the most comfortable seat in ANY boat including other Natives. Here is a point you won't get from most that are trying to sell you one or the other. Wilderness boats come with a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects on the hull only and a year warranty on everything else. Native comes with a lifetime warranty on everything against manufacturer defects. If you do decide to go with a Manta Ray, you may want to look at other dealers...the Slayer orders are piling in like crazy.

#4 mangonboat

mangonboat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

Plus 2. It's all about the seat. The build quality is excellent, but the WS tarpon is too. But the new seat in the Tarpon is a slouch by comparison . Dealer stock on Manta Rays is widely variable. We recently looked everywhere from Texas to Vermont before finding an MR12 in the color we wanted in Northern VA....and I live 15 miles from the factory. MR 14 is rarer than MR12.

#5 Bayouscoot

Bayouscoot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

I've got a MR 14, and I'll say the same as the others...the seat is very comfy. I've spent over 8 hours in in my MR with no issues. Love that boat!

#6 scotty10

scotty10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

I recently purchased a MR 14 and the seat was a huge selling point. I have found the ride to be surprisingly drier than I had imagined. As another poster mentioned, dealer stock on the MR 14 is highly variable so you may have to look around a bit if you decide on that boat.

#7 mangonboat

mangonboat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

I don't know if the OP found a boat to his liking, but I see that Austin Kayak is discounting the MR 14 as a "discontinued" product, available in 4 colors, including 3 of my favorites.

#8 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

Many Native dealerships are reducing the Manta Ray prices since the boat is currently off line in the production at Native Watercraft. Check with our site host to see what their current pricing is on their Manta Rays....remember to tell them you are a site member to receive a member discount.

#9 scotty10

scotty10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

Based Woody's comment on the Native Watercraft Owners Group (Facebook), the MR line is being dropped. Just FYI if you are still looking at a new MR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users