Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Adapt a track install

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jdog

Jdog

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMorehead city NC

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

For basic ultimates - just buy the angler version! Nah, got a basic solo on a deal and been messin with it. I got the adapt a track in and being a rainy day I got to spend time in my shop and install it. I wish I had taken video as there is nothing in the net about it. First it is not hard - You have 25 rivets per side and you need to space em out evenly best you can. Get some 1" blue painter's tape, lay this in the place of the track so you can mark it up and make measurements to be sure everything is correct before you start drilling. You can try different spacing to get it like you want it. That way everything is straight in your mind fore you drill holes in the yak! When you find the spacing measurement that works you can measure something - I used a dowel rod - cut to that measurement so you don't have to keep pulling out the measuring tape. You have to wrestle it in place, it is "coil" mentality, if you have quick clamps they will help to hold it but pop off regularly! What I did was clamp it in place best I could then take that same blue painters tape and tape it in place wrapping all the way around the yak in places. Once you make the first rivet the just work your way down, fairly simple. When I got to the bow I trimmed it to fit and popped the last rivet. Just getting setup and measurements was the long part. I was a one man show so only one set of hands (as usual it seems) but got it done. Just thought I'd give ideas for folks with basics wanting to DIY to track. J

#2 smithmal

smithmal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:19 AM

bump on an old thread....

Can the Adapt A Track be installed on the new U12?  There's an anchor line on both side of the yak so I was unsure if this is still the case.

Thanks,

smithmal

#3 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

The current U12 comes with the adapt-a-track installed. The installed basic anchor trolley does not interfere with the track, if that's what you are asking?

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users