Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Anchor Trolleys & Well Nuts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mudfish

Mudfish

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

My Native Anchor Trolley kits came with 8-32 x 1/2 inch Rubber Well Nuts, which are too short to expand/mushroom on the inside of my Mariner's hull and would pull out of the holes. I searched online, but could not find any longer ones in the 8-32 size. I did find plenty in the 6-32 size, so I ordered some of those in the 1 inch length and they worked perfect. I used matching 1 1/4 inch stainless steel bolts with number 6 washers. I used a cordless drill/driver on a light ratcheting setting and they tightened up very tight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

Looking good mud, did u check mcmaster? They usually have all the hard to get bits

#3 Mudfish

Mudfish

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:48 PM

Just checked McMaster. They also only have the 1/2" length, which is probably the only thing they don't have. Thanks for the link. That's a good source for fasteners, and all kinds of stuff.

#4 JohnYaksJax

JohnYaksJax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationNeptune Beach, FL

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:14 PM

Mudfish (Jim).......Thx for this info and I will share with our Lead Techie Clark!!! Looks like a good solution.....Thx!!! JohnYaksJax

#5 RetiredFF

RetiredFF

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:54 AM

Thanks!, I need to do something with mine, I'm tired of it pulling out and haven't found anything suitable local. I need to find one of those pullys as well and haven't found a source.

#6 donga

donga

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

Thanks for this post, im going to install an anchor trolley down each side of my slayer and after reading reports of well nuts not working properly its good to see what ones exactly do work. Now to try and find them in Aus!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users