Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Pastorfred

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pastorfred

Pastorfred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:02 PM

I am wondering which yak is better. The Ultimate Angler 12 or the Slayer angler 12?? any help on this one? I had an Oldtown a long time ago.

#2 02seedoc

02seedoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

Have fished both boats for some time. The U 12 has a lower center of gravity and the ability to have things closer to you. The Slayer has a higher seat that is adjustable. It depends on what type of fishing you are going to do. The U 12 will not take waves over the bow like the Slayer will. The U12 is lighter. The Slayer will continue to have more accessories. Slayer has better fishfinder options. Both are NC made with life time warranties. You need to paddle both boats in a demo to decide. Besides everybody needs more than one boat, it is like shoes can you wear just one pair?

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

When asking about the Ultimate...are you talking the standard U12 or the new FX12? Then I would ask how heavy are you? The Slayer 12 is a fairly maneuverable boat that will handle rivers nicely. It draws less water than either Ultimate since it doesn't have the tunnel hull. It also tracks easy enough and doesn't wag too much while paddling...it is very controllable and predictable. It is not quite as stable as both Ultimates, but is still definitely stable enough to stand and fish in. It, like all sit-on-tops, is very easy to get into and out of...you can just back you bum up to the seat and sit down. The Ultimates you have a bit more effort. The Ultimates are lighter as pointed out and are totally open....so if you take on a wave or it gets nasty out...you are stuck dealing with that water...and if you weigh a lot...once you start taking on water in wavy conditions...you better hope you are close to shore. The Ultimates' optional skirts help with this matter. I'm not sure what 02 means by 'you can get things closer to you'? Maybe the Slayer has divided cargo areas where the Ultimate is totally open so things can slide around. You are a bit restricted in those areas by placing size specific items...that isn't a big deal with an Ultimate since it is...totally open. Some people just prefer to sit down lower in a boat...that is the Ultimate. Some people prefer self-bailing...the Slayer. Some like the easy high-low seat positions...the Slayer or the FX.

#4 Pastorfred

Pastorfred

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

Thank you for the input. I am 6ft. 200 lbs. I will be fishing here in S. Fla. East Coast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users