Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Fast, big water kayak!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 snakedoctor317

snakedoctor317

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:41 PM

This has been on my mind/wish list for a while now! I really want Woody and the gang to make us a fast, big water fishing kayak! First off I'm tired of getting my butt kicked at big reservoir tournaments by hobies! When it comes to tournaments, you always try to pick your "A" spot to start then "B" and so on. Well, the way it's been going so far, the guys in the "other" pedal yaks are beating me there! So by the time I finally get to fish one of my chosen spots I'm like down to plan "F" or "G"! My main yak is the Mariner 12.5 and I absolutely love it! I can cruise all day at 3 mph and I can get it to 5 for short periods but no way can I sustain it. Such is life at 50! I know I've read reviews of Slayer Propels and how they go faster than my Mariner but I've not read any stats that state higher than what I can achieve with my Mariner! I would also say it needs to cover a lot of water! Reservoirs can go for miles and you only have so many hours to fish. Also you need to cover lots of water to fish as many prime spots to up your chances of making more catches! Im thinking something along the lines of a Slayer Propel but at least 16' long BUT narrower! Standing up to fish is great but I'm thinking that with the new Slayer Propel seat it would not be any big deal sitting and fishing all day! Personally I sit 95% of the time anyhow! I hope you guys forgive my rant! I'm just frustrated! Just hope to see one soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users