Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Propel Manual, Maintenance, Tools & Parts Diagram (2014)

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

Beecher, sorry to hear about your issues. Which spanner are you using? The one linked above (2nd post)?

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#22 Hannzo24

Hannzo24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:49 AM

Is there a way to take apart the lower cartridge?  Or is there a way to grease the INSIDE of the cartridge?  There seems to be some resistance inside the cartridge.

#23 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:00 AM

It can be disassembled by removing the screw on the inside end of the cassette, however greasing the inside isn't recommended. The only parts that are lubed are three sealed bearings so any grease you put inside the housing wouldn't make its way into the bearings. One of these bearings however could be the culprit.

#24 mike333h

mike333h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGoldsboro, NC

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:39 PM

Need some quick help, is there another part number that I can use for the bottom O-ring natives P/N is PPKA129? I am hoping to get one at Lowes or another fastener type store. Thanks for the help

#25 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:57 PM

Unfortunately we don't have another part # aside that which is provided by Native. If you still have the o-ring and a caliper you could measure it. I've found a greater selection of o-rings at places like northern tool & tractor supply if you have either around you.

#26 mike333h

mike333h

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationGoldsboro, NC

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

Unfortunately we don't have another part # aside that which is provided by Native. If you still have the o-ring and a caliper you could measure it. I've found a greater selection of o-rings at places like northern tool & tractor supply if you have either around you

Thank you very much for such a rapid response.  I will take a look at tractor supply.  If not I will be giving y'all a call tomorrow.

Mike

• NOG Admin likes this

#27 Hannzo24

Hannzo24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:40 AM

It can be disassembled by removing the screw on the inside end of the cassette, however greasing the inside isn't recommended. The only parts that are lubed are three sealed bearings so any grease you put inside the housing wouldn't make its way into the bearings. One of these bearings however could be the culprit.

Where can we get new bearings for the lower cartridge?  I've taken my drive apart and the lower cartridge is definitely not smooth anymore.  All my gears are in good shape, so I'd rather not buy the entire lower assembly kit that I've seen before.  I'm pretty confident the bearings are the culprit of my drive giving me quite a bit of resistance.

#28 Mikem

Mikem

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:06 PM

Cartridge parts are available from Native dealers. GetOutdoors,this site owner,will have all the parts and offers 10% discount.

#29 AndyB

AndyB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

at the start of the post it says "Native has release an updated manual and maintenance instructions for the Propel drive.

Here are a few highlights:"   My question is if this is the highlights then where can I download a complete copy of the manual and maintenance guide?

and if that info is all ready on this post then I missed it and sorry

Thank You

#30 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:06 AM

HI Andy, we've added a full manual for the 302 & 401 drives to the first post. Parts diagrams for the 201, 301 & 401 Propels are located within the second post of this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users