Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Kayak Carts

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

One of our favorite carts that works well with a multitude of hull designs is the C-Tug, an ingenious cart with a solid tire option which can be broken down for storage without tools. These two main features create a cart with no wheels to go flat and no tools to carry to reassemble when you need it. For a complete review and photo set please see our blog post at http://shopgetoutdoo...ak-cart-review/

Shop link http://shopgetoutdoo...cart-35998.html

#2 sailor

sailor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

I have to second that. In the last 8 years, have yet to see a cart better. Had one with the pneumatic tires, but would like to see them develop a foam filled tire as well. Great product.

#3 IRONS

IRONS

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

I don't believe you can get the pneumatic wheels anymore. Just the solid wheels.

#4 NJWaterbug

NJWaterbug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:00 PM

C-Tug cart modified to take Wheeleez sand tires. Just can't beat this cart now.

Native Watercraft Pro-Staff
Waterbug's Rescue Ladders LLC Owner
Volunteer guide for Heroes on the Water
Native Watercraft Mariner
[/SIZE]

#5 NJWaterbug

NJWaterbug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:52 PM

My latest cart built from a Power Wheels Jeep.

• Skully likes this
Native Watercraft Pro-Staff
Waterbug's Rescue Ladders LLC Owner
Volunteer guide for Heroes on the Water
Native Watercraft Mariner
[/SIZE]

#6 Pathfinder

Pathfinder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 01:55 PM

That is pretty sweet!

#7 Crawfish

Crawfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationDunwoody, GA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

C Tug!!!!!! Can't beat it.

#8 Moots

Moots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:18 PM

Has anyone used the C -Tug wheel system on the Ultimate FX-12?  The hull is a bit unusual in shape so I was wondering if it works.

If so, which model is best?

thanks, 

M

#9 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 06:10 PM

When I need to use a cart I use the c-tug with my fx 12. I use my own cam buckle strap. IMO the included one isn't the most secure.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

#10 Kafn8td

Kafn8td

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:37 PM

Any idea when they will be back in stock?

#11 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 10:00 PM

The C-Tugs are actually instock. There are some programming integration issues that are being worked on to try and resolve the discrepancies.

-thanks

#12 danny

danny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 03:46 PM

What about a plug type cart like hobie has?
Would that run the risk of cracking the hull?
Would use of such a cart void warranty?
Keep in mind, I will build the cart to match the scuppers.

#13 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:37 PM

Native strongly discourages the use of scupper carts as the scuppers are not intended to receive the torque often placed on them by use of scupper carts. Damage caused by these carts is not covered under warranty.

#14 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:01 PM

I have not had a need for my C-Tug yet due to convenient launch ramps. But I'm going to need it eventually and I'm not enthralled with the way the SP10 hull sponsons fit on the pads. The sponsons rest on the outer 3" of the pads. Not good. The C-Tug must have been designed for skinny touring/racing kayaks, not for our tug boat fishing machines. So, as the BASF saying goes, "we don't make the products you use, we make them better". To the garage! Here are my "better" C-Tug mods. I have yet to glue the rubber carpet under-layment (anti-slide) on them. Sorry for the sideways pics. I used 3/8" a/c grade plywood because I had some on hand and 4 cabinet screws and capture nuts. 4 coats of water-based spar polyurethane and that's it. Only purchase was the poly. Through a stroke of shear genius (ok, luck) the 3/8" plywood "washers" on the bottom side act as a dead-stop so that the dihedral of the plywood pads actually matches the dihedral of the hull at that point about 1/3rd forward of the stern. Brilliant!

Attached Files

• Skully likes this

#15 Skully

Skully

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationWNY

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:19 AM

I use my cart every time out.  Even thought I usually put in at a boat launch, I like to get everything ready up in the lot and then just wheel it down on the cart and go. 

I bought just about the cheapest one I could find on Amazon (think it was like $35), and strapped a couple of 4" pool noodles to it.  Works Perfectly and I don't even need to use a strap at all !!  

Attached File  20160819_182815.jpg   532.06KB   2 downloads

#16 Phil

Phil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:12 AM

Skully, had I been smart, I would have bought one like yours and not spent alot of money on the C-Tug. I see now they've lowered the price at a few places. I don't think I will ever need the "breakdown" feature. I just had to come up with a way to make it usable. I like your rig.
  • Skully likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users