Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

versaboard cooler seat help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pgyacker

pgyacker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

I am new to this board and want to try sitting on a cooler. The dealer I bought it from recommended adding hardware to the boat and strapping the cooler to this newly added hardware. I am curious about the native cooler seat which attaches to the screws already mounted in the boat. Anyone out there have experience with the cooler seat??

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:51 PM

If you haven't tried sitting on a cooler and paddling from that position I would definitely try it before adding any additional hardware. The Yeti tundra 35qt fits well on the VB. It's rubber feet combined with its weight stayed in place during my tests, even on low flowing rivers, Class 1+. I tried the cooler seat but just couldn't make good use of the seat back. With the back adjustment straps all the way tight I still couldn't get any back support from it. IMO just having a seat cushion for the occasional sit down worked best. The seat straps worked OK but were somewhat of a hassle to take on and off. Having a cooler like the Yeti made it a while lot more simple.

#3 jclement

jclement

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

I have the cooler that dragonfly sells, and bought the native cooler seat just to get the strap that's custom fit for the VB. Didn't want the seat, just the strap, but they sadly won't sell just the strap. Strap works great, seat sits on a shelf. The cooler isn't a perfect fit but couldn't justify the cost of a yeti.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users