Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

2nd Annual Adventure Fishing World Championship

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OldGems

OldGems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:25 AM

https://www.facebook...pionship?ref=nf
http://adventurefish...com/?page_id=54

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Are you going? If so, see you there!

#3 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Wish I could make it. But with the way my year is going I'll be lucky to do much fishing locally let alone make it down:/

#4 OldGems

OldGems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Just received an email from the organizers of the AFWC. Here it is......... AFWC Angler, We are busily preparing for our big adventure on Feb 22, 2014 and have some unfortunate news that just came about yesterday. Due to a miscommunication with new management we are unable to hold the tournament at Glades Haven and the location is moving to the other end of The Everglades in Flamingo. The dates and times will remain the same. We were informed yesterday that our participants had 72 hours to call and get a refund for their lodging or they would lose their deposit. That gives us 48 hours so please call today to get a refund for your lodging. 1-888-956-6251. The Flamingo area of The Everglades is even more remote than Chokoloskee Bay and is a perfect fit for our unique adventure fishing format. Camping is the only lodging option within 45 minutes of the event site which will be at Flamingo Campground. The rate is a mere $16 dollars a day and they have 30 spots available for reservations that can hold 8 people each. As well they have dozens of other campsites available that can't be reserved but are available on a first come first serve basis. Reservations can be made here and we have been informed that the "walk in" sites are the most spacious and closest to the water if you don't mind walking 50-100 feet from your car. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience, but rest assured the 2014 AFWC will not disappoint. We have a couple of sneaky tricks up our sleeve that are sure to prompt some great reactions when everyone opens their maps that morning! The map showing the new tournament boundaries and updated information will be live on the website by the end of the week. Again contact me directly with any concerns and I look forward to seeing you in Flamingo. sincerely, John Grace AFWC Organizer (828)545-3461 _________________________ I still think I am going, however the change may have caused me to loose my partner. I will know before Christmas if I need to look for one. I competed Last year and I do not want to miss this. We were team Bazinga!

#5 mulletgutz

mulletgutz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'll be there!!!! Team Boudain Clan!!

#6 OldGems

OldGems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

OK,

It's official, I no longer have a partner for the AWFC in Flamingo on Feb. 22nd. His schedule has become too busy to participate due to the change from Everglades City to Flamingo. So he backed out on me!

I have secured a spot in the tournament and now need to secure a partner. I have already paid the $150.00 entrants fee for the team. I checked with the AWFC committee in advance of this situation and they OK'd a last minute change if it had come to this.

I don't know many kayaking fisherman other than the occasional acquaintances at Captains meetings and awards ceremonies from past tournaments. I fish mainly in Estero Bay, but have fished Tampa bay area and Chokoloskee Area (in tournaments).

I came in 3rd, on the East coast, in the DOA Tournament last March. Not bad for a 57 year old fart!

So, I would like to know if anyone from the Native Watercraft Owners club would like to meet up, fish a little and maybe team up for this Tournament?

PM me or Email me at Oldgems@comcast.net

John

#7 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

Hope you find someone, John. There is a waiting list for those who missed the entrant number cutoff but I don't know if anyone is on it or not?

#8 OldGems

OldGems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:39 PM

I have found a partner for the event just 1 week before the cutoff. Also found a sponsor! DOA Lures will be our team name. See you all there on Thursday or Friday. Not sure what day I will be showing up yet. We have a Walk-In campsite reserved. Hope the gators stay away from my tent!

#9 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:10 AM

Nice, glad it worked out. My team partner and I makeup team get outdoors. See you down there!

#10 funleavy

funleavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

Good luck guys. Looking forward to watching the video, last year's event looked awesome

#11 wronggear

wronggear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

Who is all going to this years event?

#12 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

Haven't missed one yet and signed up this year as well. Team Get:Outdoors.

Get:Outdoors - Staff 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users