Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Versa Board wish list

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jclement

jclement

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Figured I'd start a new thread to capture random wish list items for the VB. I fly fish from the board, mostly rivers - drifting downstream or paddling upstream, maybe some sheltered flat water. I totally love the VB for this. I mentioned in another thread that I really like the durability of the roto molded hull for bouncing down through riffles or dragging up past them, love the stable design for same reason, and the skeg is genius - I pull it up for going through the riffles and shallows or when I want a more random downstream drift (sideways). The purty fiberglass boards out there are too fragile for this kind of river use (or just harder to repair), and I can't imagine they are as stable as VB though I have not tried any of them. Gotta say though i just don't use the kayak options (seat well, foot wells, paddle clip down low, etc) and would love to see a "clean" board without those things - a board more designed for standing and fishing that requires less bending all the way down to do things that are super easy from the sitting position. I get that this would take the "versa" out of the board, but it's just a preference! The features of such a board would include a cooler that fits just right and straps down snugly (this is key for the bouncy riffles) with a paddle clip and rod holders attached and in easy reach. Standing is great but good to take a load off from time to time without hunkering down into the first class seat (and then having to get up haha). Dragonfly outfits a good cooler with those things, and a cup holder too, but it doesn't fit the current VB floor plan. Also would want the skeg lever further forward so you don't have to bend and twist to reach it. Otherwise the deck should be clean with lots of tie-down points and bungees. I keep the rod on a holder on my waist so it's super easy to grab it without contorting or bending over, be nice if there was paddle pocket (attached to cooler somehow?) where you can quietly and quickly stash the paddle when switching to rod - still without bending way down. Love the VB but those are just random comments if anyone at native or LL is thinking of a more SUP-tilted approach. Thanks for the great board!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users