Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Aggressive water snake

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Mike13695

Mike13695

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

I live in nj and the water snakes are very aggressive , Kings , garters and ring necks live in my yard. Occasionaly a king will bite at you, ask me how I know. The water snakes are the worse they will strike out of water on land .also they are no good in captivity because they don't eat. And they will still strike at you. I was fishing in va with my slayer propel13 and saw a snake on shore under some trees and approached hoping to have a closer look at ,it but came to my senses , being in another state and not 100 % sure what type of snake it was I quickly backed off. No need getting bit miles away from a hospital. The point is know your area and type of snakes. Some are deadly and some are harmless.

#22 Grommet

Grommet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSaltier parts of Lynnhaven Roads, VA

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:54 PM

Some of you may know/know of Cory 'Ruthless' Routh. He's an old skool kayak angler and the guy who got me into a kayak. I think he was a Native-sponsored guide for a while.

Here's a video of Cory at his day job in a DEQ boat when they ran across a cottonmouth. It's been making it rounds around the internet.

https://pilotonline....cd7d40308b.html

#23 Bomber Z

Bomber Z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:06 PM

Forget the snakes. I had an Aligator about 10' long come up to our boat and try to take my largemouth bass for himself. I never even seen him come up to the boat. Needless to say, he got my bass and I got 2nd place thanks to the alligator. One of the things to be aware of fishing in the Everglades.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users