Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Adding the Hobie H Bar and the Hobie Sidekick, lets see if it fits on my Mariner

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jasongonzales@outlook.com

jasongonzales@outlook.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:38 PM

OK I am reconfiguring my Mariner. I am also adding the Hobie H Bar and the Hobie Sidekick, lets see if it fits. PIX coming soon.

#2 jasongonzales@outlook.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hobie Sidekick on a Mariner It Fits! [ATTACH=CONFIG]4372[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4373[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4370[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4371[/ATTACH]

#3 jasongonzales@outlook.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:08 PM

Darn I need mounting plates on both side to install the H BAR

#4 JCooperpcola

JCooperpcola

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

You just added training wheels to the most stable kayak on the market.......

#5 KYAngler

KYAngler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:31 AM

Good luck getting it out of the family room now. LOL

#6 jasongonzales@outlook.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

The Mariner stability no question about it. I was at the middle of the boat highway on the Skyway bridge and no problems with wakes coming from large boats. But I plan to jig (using DOC Goofy JIGS) for Pomps and its pretty hard to do it sitting down from the mariner. So I need the stand up post and the Outrigger to offer more stability when I am standing all day especially on choppy conditions. I'll be jigging all day. Now problem is, how do I get it out of the living room?

#7 snakedoctor317

snakedoctor317

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

I for one, look forward to seeing some on the water pics soon! Especially once you get it all worked out, H-bar and ama's on your mariner! I've been thinking about the same idea!

#8 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:25 PM

Not bad looking...should be just about the most stable jigging outfit out there. Standing in 3-5ft seas can be interesting (physics is a harsh mistress) so I understand wanting a lil something extra

#9 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

Darn I need mounting plates on both side to install the H BAR

Could u mount it to the plug and play slots instead?

#10 jasongonzales@outlook.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hobie Sidekick and H BAR on a Mariner Here you go at Horeshoe beach FL. Was not able to get the PIX while I am standing up. But Im going out again. This time I will have PIX in standing position. Good for jigging Pomps. Pretty stable, I can stand longer without fatigue, the Sidekick makes it a lot stable espcially if you tend to lean on the left and right side.

#11 jasongonzales@outlook.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

More PIX of the HBar [ATTACH=CONFIG]4411[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4412[/ATTACH]

#12 jasongonzales@outlook.com

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I can mount to the plug and play, but I'd rather not, it requires a lot of work though. In this setup, I only have to drill 1 hole on left and 1 hole to the right to support the plates. I then slide the plate out (take out 1 hand screw) to put the sidekick and the slide it back in. [ATTACH=CONFIG]4413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4414[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4415[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4416[/ATTACH]

#13 snakedoctor317

snakedoctor317

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

Hey Jason, how bout an update on your yak with the h bar and side kicks on? Got any pics of you standing?

#14 Ecuamax

Ecuamax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

This is very cool stuff guys, thanks for all the info. Jason, I wonder if this rigging would work in the ocean, like getting out thru the surf and back in? I have been practicing in my Mariner a few times. I now can get out ok at low tide with small waves, but coming back in with just a 2 foot curl I cannot keep the boat from nose diving and I keep getting pitched. I love the things you guys are doing and this H bar dealie would be some cool stuff on my rig, I would love to be confident standing. Theres a boatload of fish waiting for me minutes from my door here on the Ecuador coast. Any info recommendations welcome. I have very limited internet access, hard to see photos often. And its expensive. I learn quickly. Private messages welcome also. thanks again for sharing your stuff. Lomax

#15 Boxermaniac98

Boxermaniac98

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:26 PM

Hobie Sidekick on a Mariner It Fits! [ATTACH=CONFIG]4372[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4373[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4370[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4371[/ATTACH]

Please repost these pics, as they are no longer on the thread, I am a big guy and would like to know how the work and look. Do they get in they way, lay down correctly? What are the pros and cons? Oh, I am new to the forum and most everything looks to be years old, hope some of still monitor this site.

#16 Gibaro4

Gibaro4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 25 July 2016 - 08:21 PM

I'm not able to see the photos?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users