Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

buying a used magic

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MTPiper

MTPiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:36 AM

I'm looking a a magic tandem and would like some hints as to what things I should check out. The owner tells me it is in very good shape, but I haven't seen it yet. Thanks, Mike

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:29 AM

The main areas to check on a Magic are the plug and play slots which some were prone to cracking where the seat connected from pressure. It wasn't a rampant problem but something to look for.

#3 MTPiper

MTPiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

Thanks for the advice. I read some of the threads here and already knew about that one. I just got home from picking it up and other than a few scratches on the bottom, it looks good. Is there any way I can find out the year it was made? Ser no: LPS01072B808. I would like to find an owners manual for this boat. Are there any files with them or can someone send me a copy. Mike

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

Last two digits of the see. # are the year, 08. If I recall correctly the only resemblance of a manual had to do with the seat positioning. Does your seat have plastic or aluminum clips that engage the plug n play slots?

#5 MTPiper

MTPiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Plastic. Does Native support this boat in any way? I would even like to see the sales brochure for the magic, just so I can learn a little about it. BTW I just joined this group yesterday and haven't fully checked it out. Are there any areas I should investigate? Thanks, Mike

#6 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Not being the original owner your kayak wouldn't qualify for the limited lifetime warranty. Spare parts should be running low as it's been discontinued since 2011. The bracket that connects the seat to the plastic plug n play can be susceptible to breaking if you fall/land on it with any side directional pressure. They were replaced with aluminum sections I believe in 2010? They could be made and bent out of strap aluminum if one does break. I'll see if I can find any literature on the Magic, not too hopeful though. You're in the right place with the Magic thread. Welcome to the forum

#7 MTPiper

MTPiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

I saw in one of the other threads that the later models used clips attached to the floor to hold the seat. Is the only change the addition of the clips or were the seat pans changed? Are those clips still available? Are there any plug and play accessories around yet, including the clips?

#8 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

The clips are the same as the one used for the Mariner seat and the Manta Ray bow hatch, so they're still available. As I recall the seat pan wasn't changed but I can't recall for certain but it seems like there was a slight alteration to the hull floor to recess the clips almost flush with the floor to accept the seat pan. There are a few plug n play accessories still available such as http://www.shopgetou...nting-bars.html and http://www.shopgetou...lashpoints.html. NOG members receive 10% off Native accessories when ordering through the site owner/sponsor Get:Outdoors.

Also, I found a text manual for a 2010 Magic that I'll send you.

#9 MTPiper

MTPiper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Thanks got the manual and seat update. I might attempt to update my seats after I have a chance to put a little time on the water. Might be a winter project.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users