Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Best cooler for drinks/food for Versa Board?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 azarmadillo

azarmadillo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

Anyone have a recommendation for a good cooler for the Versa Board for drinks/food? Really enjoying my Native Angler Versa Board.

#2 tugowar

tugowar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

Different strokes for different folks, so you'll likely get the gamut of suggestions.
And that's a good thing.

I mainly use my VB in the shallow marshes of Louisiana. Silence being golden I don't like clanking lids, clunking deck thumps, or rattling chunks of ice. So I use two soft-sided 'grocery' cooler bags, one for refreshments and one for bringing home the catch.
Link: California Innovations Cooler Bag
You can pick them up for about $8 at your local Sam's, Sears, Kmart, etc.

- For refreshments: Frozen bottles of water as the coolant that double as refreshment after the gatorade is gone
- For fish: Line bottom with some ice, then use a fishing tourney weigh bag inside to house the fish This keeps the lining from being punctured by fins, reduces that lingering slime smell, eases after-trip cleaning, etc. You can pick up a pack of 5 weigh bags at Bass Pro for less than $10.

They're soft, quiet, cheap, efficient...and my cooler of choice.
Hope that helps

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:00 PM

For a nice seat and daring tower...a Yeti 35 is nice and strong. It also fits the Slayer seat pan perfectly.

#4 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

The vb is a fly platform for me. So I use a soft bag. Either a igloo soft bag or more ofte than not...ill just use my native bag behind the seat. Works great and stores fish too

#5 rogerstk3

rogerstk3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

I found the Coleman polylite 48 works really well for me when using the Native cooler seat kit. I had this cooler sitting around for years but you can still buy them online. One thing I like about it is the lid has kind of a loose seal so therefore closes properly even when the Seat straps are run under it. Newer coolers seem to have a tight fit that may not work so great with the Cooler Seat kit. This cooler is large enough to make a comfy seat, both on the boat and off, plus holds lots of goodies for picnics. I was able to fit a twelver, cook stove and food in with room to spare. Sometimes I tow my Versa to further away places, anchor the boat, then use the Versa as a landing craft. I preload it with all the goodies including another camp chair so my wife and I can both sit down and enjoy. I also own the first class deluxe seat, but using the cooler seat, it's easier to go from sitting to standing on the Versa. Plus you can just use a SUP paddle, even when sitting down(recommend adjustable length model)...no need for a double-bladed kayak paddle. Bonus!:cool: [ATTACH=CONFIG]4309[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4310[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4311[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4312[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]4313[/ATTACH]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users