Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

A Little Whitewater news from Liquid Logic

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

There are enough of you guys that paddle on rivers or do river trips that will be interested in this new boat from the sister company; Liquid Logic. Back in the day when I first started paddling, I had a perception Mirage. It was a good 13'2" long and by that day's standard, was the only boat to have. Then whitewater boats started growing shorter and the Dancer came out. Everyone had to have one but it was a bit confining for tall paddlers. It was all I could do to get in one so the Mirage was still the main boat. You could get crazy sky enders out of them playing on decent rapids. Then the Pirouette came out and it was like a plastic river race boat. It had much better maneuverability than the Mirage, was faster...so the old Mirage left the fleet. Boats kept getting shorter and shorter...and these crazy gorge races started happening...and there was nothing on the market that was fast any more...till now...

#2 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

I saw that thing, pretty sick. I'm just getting back into ww now. Way back when i did a tiny bit of ww but I don't remember any of it. My wife was lookin to do it so I just picked up a remix for myself and will be getting her one as soon as she decides if that's what she wants

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

My wife USED to paddle with me...that was way back in time BK...before kids. I borrowed a glass slalom boat for her to try and when she showed she was really interested I got her a nice blue Dancer. She was great in that boat but hated the color. She kept saying she wanted a yellow Noah Jetti. I swapped some photography for one and was saving it for her Christmas present. One fall day before Christmas we were on a river that was pretty big after a big rain and she got trashed going down a short fall. She freaked and didn't try to roll...just bailed and got pushed to a rock where I had to save her. She was chanting over and over..."I don't want no blue boat, I don't want no yellow boat...I don't want no boat at all". Then a couple of weeks ago I showed her the Slayer Propel...guess what...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users