Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

New 2013/2014 Cam-Lock Paddle Holders

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4257[/ATTACH]
Features:
-Made in Mills River, NC
- Locks on to all paddle shafts
- Locks on to rod ends (butts)
- Can be mounted to any Groove accessory track or any location on any boat
- Easy lock
- Sold in pars
- No tools needed to install

Retail: $29 - 10% if ordered thru Get:Outdoors http://www.shopgetou...dle-holder.html

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

Cam-lock paddle holders now in-stock and ready for order by phone. We hope to have them on our website sometime tomorrow. Remember NOG members receive a 10% discount on all Native accessories and orders above $39 ship for free. Some restrictions apply for large or heavy items such as kayaks, trailers, paddles, anchor pins etc.

#3 NW Bird Hunter

NW Bird Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

Very good news, been waiting on these!!

#4 PhotoFish

PhotoFish

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

Is that $29 for a pair, and, if so, do they come with hardware to attach? I only ask because of the high costs of some items........;) I like the idea of them being able to hold a rod butt momentarily if I am fishing with two.

#5 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Yes, $29 for the pair. They come with track mount hardware. We've not tried them as a temporary rod holder yet so we can't say how well/secure they work and with what diameter rod butts.

#6 PhotoFish

PhotoFish

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Thanks........

#7 ultimate14.5tandem

ultimate14.5tandem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Very nice!

#8 Paulie99

Paulie99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Anyone know if the paddle holder can swivel so as to put both on one side of the boat so the paddle will run the length of the boat and not across it???

#9 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

Yes, they can be positioned in any direction. They can be loosened or tightened by hand w/out tools.

#10 funleavy

funleavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

I used mine all day long on Saturday and highly recommend them. Never thought of putting both on one side, but since I do so much standing/sightcasting that sounds like a great idea. Thanks Paulie!

#11 tlorio504

tlorio504

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:02 AM

Love the idea of these, but how are they with noise? I suspect they'll have a snap sound when they lock in place. Is this the case?

#12 skidsteer

skidsteer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:59 AM

Will these clip the paddle in strong enough to hold on the underside of a shelf? (like Mariner accessory shelf) Which would be better - these or two taco clips? Thanks.

#13 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:46 AM

Love the idea of these, but how are they with noise? I suspect they'll have a snap sound when they lock in place. Is this the case?

There really isn't any noise at all. The rubber strap that spans the U shape keeps the paddle from contacting the plastic frame.

#14 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

Will these clip the paddle in strong enough to hold on the underside of a shelf? (like Mariner accessory shelf)

Which would be better - these or two taco clips?

Thanks.

I would not recommend the cam-locks for an upside down mount. Though they might hold a paddle when everything is still, strong wind or wake could easily knock the paddle out. IMO, a single taco slip would work for what you want to do.

#15 dirtridn2002

dirtridn2002

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4257[/ATTACH]
Features:
-Made in Mills River, NC
- Locks on to all paddle shafts
- Locks on to rod ends (butts)
- Can be mounted to any Groove accessory track or any location on any boat
- Easy lock
- Sold in pars
- No tools needed to install

Retail: $29 - 10% if ordered thru Get:Outdoors http://www.shopgetou...dle-holder.html

I have seen them mounted on a Slayer propel at my local supplier. Seem very sturdy(and quiet), however, where they were mounted (midship) on the left hand side(I think?) it(paddle) actually covers the steering control.
And from what I have seen they can't be mounted on the other side because of the rod holder fitted into the top of the deck beside the seat...any thoughts would be very welcome.

#16 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

On the Slayer Propel you would need to use the right side to store a full length paddle as it would interfere with the rudder control on the left side. The flush rod holder on the right side is angled forward and only meant for a place to quickly stow a rod while rigging baits or unhooking fish so covering it with a paddle isn't a great loss in my opinion. There are some that are using two sets of the paddle holders to store one half of the paddle on either side, front or back, which works pretty well, just as long as you don't need to access it very often.

#17 dirtridn2002

dirtridn2002

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:46 PM

Thanks guys. Appreciate the imput.

#18 mangonboat

mangonboat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

I put taco paddle clips on both sides of my Manta Ray and located a pair of these on the Groove tracks, one on each side up in front of my knees and left the machine screw loose enough so I can rotate the clips to hold a paddle crosswise or turn it 90 degrees, slide my rod tip in the clip to keep it out of the way while paddling, using the taco clip to hold the rod butt. Cant have rods sticking up or out the sides while working the fast water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users