Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

New to yak'n and loving it!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lulingyaker

lulingyaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Hi all...i just picked up my first native kayak...a MR14...lime green. I was looking for a few tips on rigging...currently I have two scotty rod holders mounted on the left and right side behind the seat. I have a anchor trolley setup, cajun anchor, regular anchor, dry bag for like a "ditch bag", pelican case for cell wallet etc, medium sized ice chest for fish and a paddle leash. I feel like i am missing some stuff, but being new i cant really tell because i dont know what i should have. anyone have any pictures of their yaks all rigged out? thanks in advance!

#2 bauc

bauc

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

What i usually do is go to my favorite outdoor store, run for the section where the yak fishing stuff is and say i need this and that and stick it on the yak :) great way of knowing if you need it or not ...... you end up with a cool looking yak and lots of figuring out what to do with all of it. PS: i do like to shop around for new hunting and fishing stuff :)

#3 lulingyaker

lulingyaker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

What i usually do is go to my favorite outdoor store, run for the section where the yak fishing stuff is and say i need this and that and stick it on the yak :) great way of knowing if you need it or not ...... you end up with a cool looking yak and lots of figuring out what to do with all of it. PS: i do like to shop around for new hunting and fishing stuff :)

that could get expensive quick!

#4 yak_n_mike

yak_n_mike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

Just fish out of it a while, I bought so much stuff in the beginning just to find out, it didn't help or was in the way. The only real necessities to me are a rod holder, good fitting PFD, safety flag and anchor trolley.

#5 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

Most people put way too much stuff on their kayaks when they first start out, and ill admit when in going out for a 18+ hr trip ill bring a lot with me. Whenever I see people with tons of stuff on their boat I tell them to leave something at home every time you go out. Most of the time they don't miss it. Remember the more u bring the harder it is to paddle the kayak and the less fish you can bring home;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users