Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Beaver Attacks???

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

http://news.sky.com/...-belarus-attack

I have seen a good many in my career, and even had one close encounter that scared the living patootie out of me...but never imagined....

The one close encounter I had was in a beaver swamp one winter while duck hunting. I was waist deep in water wearing chest waders waiting for that magic hour...and suddenly this huge smack-kersploosh hit right beside me. A full grown adult beaver swam up beside me and knew I didn't belong in his swamp, so it smacked its tail hard against the water to warn me and all the other beavers in the swamp that something was out of place. Luckily the 100 ft pine tree I had been standing next to before the blast-off broke my fall but it took 30 minutes to climb back down out of it.

#2 bauc

bauc

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

They are wild animals that defend themselves they may be cute but ... they chew wood/trees so :)

#3 inrll

inrll

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:37 AM

Wow, I would never mess with one but I also would never expect one to attack like that! I guess I'll be giving them more space next time I see one at a lake.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users