Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Anchor Trolley rigging problem

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 szeitz

szeitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:06 AM

The trolley is working fine however, the upper line often moves itself into the seating area of the boat. How do I clip/harness/contain the lines in the mid point of the trolley system without impacting the movement of the trolley, including the main large ring on the lower line. Idea...?

#2 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

What I did on my mariner is put the ring on the upper line, then used pad eyes to run the lower line through. The anchor keeps the upper line out of the boat, but being on top it's easy to get to. The pad eyes police the lower line.

See below...
Posted Image

#3 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Another option is to run the top line through the ring and down through the pulley from the top. Then tie the clip onto the line and clip to the ring. By running the top line through the ring the lines will have less flex and stay together but you can still unclip from the ring and attach to a belt for wading. When the lines are tied taught you'll get some friction when trying to move the trolley line under pressure. Usually your anchor line quick-release tied to the ring will hold in position under light to mild pressure.

#4 szeitz

szeitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for the great advise/tips. What I ended up doing was using pad eyes to run the upper line through. Then re-threaded the lower line ring through the upper line. Very similar to your suggestions. I also went to LOWES and in their garden dept. they had a 3/4 high impact reinforced pole 8 ft long with a pointed tip (a stake) drilled a hole across the top and added a 1' swival ring to allow adding a theater or a float. Added 1 cup of quick dry cement and water shook a few times, kept it vertical for 4 hours (dry time) This allows for extra strength when drilling the rod in to the bed of the bay where there is shell. It also some weight to help it from being too buoyant. Sealed the holes (so water does not enter). This now can be used to go through the trolley ring in low water areas instead of an anchor. Again THANKS for the help. SIZ

#5 szeitz

szeitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

nj05nismo - Your boats look like they have working but removable shelves/decks/plates. Are they Custom or Stock. The two things I want to add are a live well using the scupper holes for water outlets for the pump. Also a shelf for bait and jig work.

#6 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

They are native stock peices...come in a few sizes...one smaller and one longer than the ones I have.

#7 MantaRayJoe

MantaRayJoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:27 PM

[ATTACH]4052[/ATTACH]Hi this is my first post on this site. I have the same problem with the anchor Trolley lines coming into the seating area. The newbie

#8 Mikem

Mikem

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4085[/ATTACH]
MRJ. Try this.

#9 Bayouscoot

Bayouscoot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

Here's my MR14 showing the anchor trolly. I used Harken flush mount pulleys and pad eyes on the bottom run. Works great for me.

#10 vanjr

vanjr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

Here's my MR14 showing the anchor trolly. I used Harken flush mount pulleys and pad eyes on the bottom run. Works great for me.

Sorry for the off topic reply, but Bayouscoot that is the best looking color that Native ever used!!! I can't stand that they stopped it before I got mine. Great looking manta ray! Reminds me I need to mount my anchor trolley on my MR14. Good ideas on this thread.

#11 Bayouscoot

Bayouscoot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

Thanks, vanjr. I love the ice color as well. This one will be with me a loooong time...love this kayak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users