Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Trout Opener in SE Michigan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 duff645

duff645

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

A stretch of the upper Huron River was open to catch & release using flyrods. Air temps was upper 30s, we had ice forming on our rod's eyelets. 5 wt rods, green wooly buggers and MR14 was used for this day of fishing.

Posted Image

Posted Image

All in all five brookies and three rainbows were caught today. Going again on Friday.

#2 ddkfishin

ddkfishin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

Very nice (pictures and fish! I've heard of the trout fishing on the Huron River, but have only targeting smallies in the sections around Ann Arbor. Is this the same thing as "stocker fest", or am I thinking of a different place/event? Dave

#3 duff645

duff645

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

Stocker Fest is correct. Is on the upper part of the Huron (Proud Lake Rec Area). Flies only and Catch & Release. PM me if interested on launch infor DDK. I will probably go on Friday morning too. I also belong to the website kayakfishthegreatlakes.com too. I use the same ID there as well. I would love to learn on some of the areas for smallies in the AA area. That website has a NoMotor tourney in the third Sunday of May. Join the website ... there are only a few NW'ers on that website. I sould use a NW friend there. What kind of crafts do you have? I use the KCorral in Saline to get my Propel last summer.

#4 ddkfishin

ddkfishin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

Good luck out there, Duff. I sent you a message yesterday, but I'm not sure if you received it. I plan on going today, but it's pretty cold out there right now, and I'm pretty lazy this morning. I also need to get my Michigan license. Good luck if you go. Maybe I'll see you out there. Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users