Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Fishing From Marvel?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 steve339

steve339

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

Does anyone fish from their Marvel? I currently have an Ultimate 12 and was considering adding a Marvel, but wasn't sure how it does for fishing. How do you have it rigged? Thanks for any info or tips you may want to share.

#2 steve339

steve339

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Anyone Fish From Their Marvel? Does anyone fish from their Marvel? Was considering getting a Marvel, but didn't know how hard/easy it would be to rig the gear for fishing. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Very do-able. Check out the YakAttack grooves that are available at Get:Outdoors. They can be mounted to the flat surfaces then you can attach ram balls and go from there. Woody actually uses a tandem Marvel as a photography boat when taking boat photos. He paddles the photographer around in it. It is a nice stable fast paddling boat.

#4 steve339

steve339

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Thanks boykinsbuddy. I have the older Ultimate so I was looking to add some of the aftermarket grooves. I will look at them again to use on a Marvel. Thanks again.

#5 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 01:03 PM

I've fished for trout from my marvel. I just lay the rod down in front of me when paddling otherwise I'm fishing…I currently fish from my U12.

#6 demers669

demers669

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Over the past year I have been fishing from the Marvel. While the SOT kayaks work better, I find the larger cockpit works well for me. I have it outfitted with Scotty mounts, for rods, anchors, GoPro camera.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users