Toggle %s Hello Guest

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

- - - - -

2011 manta ray 14

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fullstrutb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Ok I have a slight problem. I dont know what is causing it but I have to do something about it. My legs are starting to hurt from sitting in my seat for a days fishing. I would like to raise the seat or maybe fab a slayer seat to fit it. Or I guess I might just have to sell it and get a different boat. Anyone have any ideas. So if I sell it would anyone be interested $700. I love the boat but I would like to be up a little higher to relieve the pinch point on my legs. thanks for the help butch

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

• Administrators
  • 4,052 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I don't know what age you are but tendons and ligaments shorten and become less flexible with aging. If the constant tension on muscles and associated nerves is causing discomfort often stretching exercises can help a lot. The slayer seat frame is too wide to be reasonably adaptable to the MR. Something you might try is adding some cushion or closed cell foam to the lowest point of the MR seat. Removing some of the high angle might help.

#3 fullstrutb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Thanks for your thoughts. I am 45. Was 200lbs down to 184 now. I was more along the lines of retro fitting a seat to it. Maybe a first class seat with out the pan. I dont know just toying with the idea. It would probably be better to sell it and get a slayer 14.5

#4 boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

fullstrutb...I would probably go ahead and sell it and get the Slayer. I actually love the MR seat and find it very comfy...and I weigh a good bit more than you. Put an ad on Craigslist or on one of the NC kayak fishing forums and it should sell quickly. Don't forget to put an ad on this site too. The MR is several inches narrower than a Slayer or Ultimate, so placing a higher seat in it could be a bit of a stability problem.

#5 fullstrutb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

If anyone would like to buy it I will sell it for 700$. Send me an email at butchchapman@carolina.rr.com. I will send you pictures.

#6 duff645

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

fullstrutb - I have those same discomforts too. Here is what I did: * change the way you sit: rotate 90 degrees to either side and dangle your legs over the side * sit on top of a floation device (ie those flat square life preservers) * kneel and paddle in an upright position * just go ashore and walk it off

#7 szeitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

I agree with Duff645: I have the same problem I use a sit on top of a floation device (ie those flat square life preservers). I am 46yo 6ft tall and 225lbs. This keeps my legs and butt from failing asleep. After using it in that mode for a few months, I removed the seat and fasted it to the boat and then re-fastened the seat back on top of the cusion (floation device). This allowed for more use of the backrest from the seat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users