Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Hello over there from over here

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ade

Ade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi all , I thought id say hi and introduce myself, Im Ade , 49 years young, and live in the UK and just ordered a MR 11 in camo for use in the harbor and inshore fishing I thought I would give this kayak fishing thing another go, I tried last year but didnt like the unstable feeling I got. Hopefully this will be remedied by the MR 11, Just cant wait to get my hands on it, Its due to me on 7-9 jan:) Ade

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,073 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Welcome to the forum and as a soon to be Native owner. Hope to hear that your Manta Ray was just the thing to remedy your enjoyment of paddle fishing. -Philip

#3 Bayouscoot

Bayouscoot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Welcome! It would be interesting to know what kayak you had your first go 'round, the reason it turned you off kayak fishing. I have a Manta Ray 14 and I love this boat. Paddles well, fast, and has a very comfy seat.

#4 Ade

Ade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

The first boat was a perception freedom .I found it quite unstable in a choppy sea and the kayak spat me out on the beach when landing which hurt my pride aswell as my elbow and then having to phone the wife up to come and give me hand getting it all up the shingle beach.:oops: At that time I decided to get rid of the yak and get a small 17 ft boat, I enjoyed it at first but kept thinking about what I liked and disliked about kayak fishing. I liked the freedom to go where and when I liked, Load and unload the car on my own, get to places I couldnt in a boat, and just to be at one with my thoughts and nature. I didnt like the stability issues,the yak had already spat me out once Some sailing dinghy capsised his boat onto mine whilst it was on a mooring doing a fair bit of damage and didnt leave details so I decided to sell the boat and give Kayaking another try However this time I will be fishing most of my time in a harbour with very flat water, My main launch site is very sheltered and as such has no breaking waves to throw me out and I intend on using outrigger stabilisers aswell as a small electric trolling motor If I cant get on with the MR11 then I will give up completely and just shore fish Ade

#5 yak_n_mike

yak_n_mike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

Welcome!

It would be interesting to know what kayak you had your first go 'round, the reason it turned you off kayak fishing.

I have a Manta Ray 14 and I love this boat. Paddles well, fast, and has a very comfy seat.

X's 2. I've taken my manta ray everywhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users