Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Finally getting OUT THERE in the Manta Ray PT 1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TAK21

TAK21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:12 PM

I got my MR14 in Nov 2011, but due to work travel and some other commitments I didn't get on the water until August 12. I am so hooked and I love this boat. I have tried to get out most weekends since. I switch between a local reservoir and the Chattahoochee River and have a great time on both. I will be trying the Flint River and some coastal fishing in Alabama next year. Below are a few pictures. Not great, I just use my phone, but pictures are what we really want, right? This is my first car topping. This car has no good place to tie down the bow and stern without crawling under the car so I have since added mesh anchor straps under the hood and trunk lid that can be pulled out when needed. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3790[/ATTACH] This launch is on a county water reservoir near my house. It's a little over 300 acres. What a pretty boat! [ATTACH=CONFIG]3791[/ATTACH] I went there fishing with minnows only about a foot deep looking for some bream or crappie and the dang bass kept interupting me. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3793[/ATTACH] This picture looks like deep water but I was actually up near the bank not anchored and it spun me around. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3792[/ATTACH] This is the boat ramp I use to get on the Chattahoochee river. I have had a lot of fun catching Shoal Bass on the river. Notice there are no other people or vehicles. I have been here on some Sundays and never seen another person. My picture limit is out on this post so I will create another one below with some river pictures. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3794[/ATTACH]

#2 TAK21

TAK21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Getting out there part 2 Here are a few from the river. I have actually tied up to a tree in the middle of the river, fished a little, then leaned back and taken a nap for a while. That is how stable the Manta Ray is. Not a big fish, but it was my first on the river. Shoal Bass. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3795[/ATTACH] One of my rest stops. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3796[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]3797[/ATTACH] This one is a little bigger. Nice Shoalie. [ATTACH=CONFIG]3798[/ATTACH] Man I love being out there! [ATTACH=CONFIG]3799[/ATTACH]

#3 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,074 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Thanks for bringing back some good memories of my own on the Hooch when I lived in Atl. Floating a river is freedom and I'm glad to see you're enjoying it and your MR.

#4 JoeMDavis

JoeMDavis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:42 PM

No place I would rather be then down a river somewhere with no one else in sight!

#5 nraycroft

nraycroft

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Nice pictures, TAK. Thanks for sharing. Nathan (Nook)

#6 Ade

Ade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

What a beautifull place to fish, Yak looks good on top of the car aswell Ade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users