Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Anchor Trolley

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BigK

BigK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

I am looking to fit a anchor trolley to my Manta Ray 12 and am looking to utilise the spots on the hull where there are indentations molded into the hull that look like they are made for an anchor trolley. Does anyone use these or do you just put blocks onto the hull itself. Any feedback much appreciated. Cheers Kev

#2 Basshogg

Basshogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:14 PM

I used the same spots for mine with padeyes. works great.

#3 yak_n_mike

yak_n_mike

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:27 AM

I used the same spots for mine with padeyes. works great.

X2
Seemd to be the best place.

#4 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

The indents were designed for pad eyes but won't accept the Harken blocks used in the trolley kit from Native. You could add pulley blocks to installed pad eyes by way of cord or bungee though.

#5 hank

hank

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

I made a anchor line on my manta ray off the back using the slot to run my line thru with pad eyes to hold in place and a pulley on right side of hull in front so all i do is pull towards me to lift the anchor. 5 pound dumb weight tie my rope in the center loose enough so it can roll put electric tape on each side to hold the rope in center. I can slow down in rapids or stop. This works great for me

#6 BigK

BigK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

Thanks guys, I ended up going with the Harken blocks as it just looks a bit neater than running pulley blocks off padeyes.. Cheers Kev

#7 mangonboat

mangonboat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:30 PM

I am left-handed and fish left handed, mostly. Any reason I couldn't mount an anchor trolley on the left side of the boat?

#8 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

I am left-handed and fish left handed, mostly. Any reason I couldn't mount an anchor trolley on the left side of the boat?

Not at all. The only thing I would be aware of is keeping your paddle holder, if equipped, on the opposite side of the boat from your trolley. That'll keep it from being in the way of your anchor line if you stow it while anchored.

#9 mangonboat

mangonboat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Thanks. I was thinking I should remount the paddle holder clip to the right side and also get a set of those new Groove-mounted paddle holders that double as places to set your rod securely while releasing a fish, changing rigs, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users