Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Seat Problem/Mod

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 worst.fisherman.ever

worst.fisherman.ever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hi. Has anyone modified the way their seats attach so the brackets do not put so much pressure on the plastic slots? The seat bracket on my new/old Magic has punctured the hull where the bracket rests on the aluminum strip. I understand that NW may have changed the way the seats attach before they discontinued the Magic. However, I could not find any info on the web. Also, NW no longer has a customer service contact, so I had no one to call. I would like to mod the seats so they do not stress the hull so much. Actually, i would like to remove the aluminum steips altogether to avoid cracks from expansion and flex Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

#2 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

Welcome to the forum. I take it from your name you're not the most confident fisherman? Gotta say I've never seen that one before. Yes, the seat clips that plugged into the slots were done away with in favor of guide clips that are attached to the floor of the hull. These clips were inset into the hull. The seat pan slid under them and was kept from going backwards to straps connected to the footrest rails, which were attached to the plug-n-play slots. This changed occurred in 2010. You can determine the year of your boat by the last two numbers of the serial on the stern. Here's a photo

#3 worst.fisherman.ever

worst.fisherman.ever

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Thanks for the reply. I will experiment with non-slip pads, bungees, and straps to find an elegant way to attach the seats without the clips. Rather not screw them down. I hoped someone who has done this could start me at the finish line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users