Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Is there a New Versa Board Model on the oven?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mros65

mros65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

Does anyone have any news of a new Versa Board design coming up?

Some features I would like to see, inherited from the Slayer design are:

• New style grab handle
  • Crate/Bait Bucket molded hull
  • Adjustable foot pegs (this is the one I really want! the molded ones seem to never fit right for me)

I'm starting to look at the Versa as a compliment to my 14.5 Ultimate for family fun outings and or quick deployment needs.

So if you know something...spill it out!

#2 livelybaits

livelybaits

• Members
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

I have a new one coming. I think I am going to put some custom handles on it myself. I'll make sure that the company sees your feedback Marco. They want to know what you think. I think you would really like having one of these.

#3 vanjr

vanjr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:53 AM

i really want a versa board as a complement to my MR14.5

#4 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Does anyone have any news of a new Versa Board design coming up?

Some features I would like to see, inherited from the Slayer design are:

• New style grab handle
  • Crate/Bait Bucket molded hull
  • Adjustable foot pegs (this is the one I really want! the molded ones seem to never fit right for me)

I'm starting to look at the Versa as a compliment to my 14.5 Ultimate for family fun outings and or quick deployment needs.

So if you know something...spill it out!

Sounds an awful lot like the slayer...lol, why not just get the slayer in that case?

That being said I love my vb...best paddle boat out there imo

#5 mros65

mros65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:00 AM

I would love to get a Slayer and will probably do so in the future but I'm looking for a 2 person option when going out to the river or the beach for fun and play. We are a family of four (2 small kids 5 and 6) so the idea is to use the versa as a two sitter option. Maybe even rig it with a couple of wedge seats so my kids are comfortable :-)

#6 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:47 AM

Have you considered or aware of the LL Deuce Coupe? http://liquidlogicka...deuce_coupe.cfm Same manufacturer as Native. It's not quite as comfortable/steady to stand in for an adult but has the flexibility for tandem or solo set up.

#7 mros65

mros65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:13 PM

The Deuce is a great option but I don't want to loose the SUP capabilities of the VB. Originally I was thinking more on getting an SUP board and then I thought of the VB as an option to go to Kayak mode if needed/wanted. So the primary usage will be SUP. To be honest I'm still back and forth between a SUP board and the VB...what gets me thinking on the VB is durability in rough places and price, the SUP benefits are weight and true SUP experience (speed). I can fish from both if I get something like the Bote HD. Also if I get another Kayak like the Deuce I wont have any excuses to get a Slayer later on :-)

#8 azarmadillo

azarmadillo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:45 PM

That Bote HD is a beautiful paddle board. I could see myself having that as a complement to the Versa Board.

#9 jclement

jclement

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

I love the looks of those nice boards like the bote and the dragonfly but I tend to bounce down the river riffles and the VB handles the scrapes like a champ - allows me to get into bumpier water and drag upstream when necessary - stuff I would never do with a fiberglass hull. Best of all possible craft for me would be the VB without all the kayaking features, just a clean board with that nice stable hull and the retractable skeg, which is genius. Don't need the footwell or the seat - turns out I just never use the kayaking options. Putting a cooler on there to tAke a load off, easier to stand up from that anyway. Wish the skeg lever was further forward too - it's in a good spot if sitting but not if standing. Bending over is fine but bending and twisting backward less so. I understand I might change my tune if I did more flat water fishing in windy conditions, but windy conditions kinda suck for fly fishing anyway lol. The VB is so great for drifting with a current, drop the anchor once in awhile when you're over a good hole. Can't beat that visibility! The only downside to being able to see so well is you can spot all the great fish that aren't taking your fly right now...

#10 inrll

inrll

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

The only downside to being able to see so well is you can spot all the great fish that aren't taking your fly right now...

If you can see them, they can probably see you. I learned that lesson as soon as I got my Ultimate and was standing all the time. Now, when I fish clear-water rivers or creeks, I sit or at least stoop over while standing.
  • CRamsey likes this

#11 jclement

jclement

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Yep good advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users