Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

I am looking for a second magic seat and foot brace system

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alafen

alafen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 03:07 AM

Hi, all I am looking for a second magic seat for my wife, please let me know if you have spare seat and foot brace system for sell. thank you

#2 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

One suggestion I'll throw out there is to get some of the plug and play clips and attach an accessory seat to the boat by bolting the adjustment straps to the clips. Then use the adjustable thwart tube that also clips into the plug and play slots as the foot brace. You can get a pool noodle and slide it over the thwart tube to pad it. If you don't have the tube or clips, they should be available at Get:Outdoors. I use the tube and pool noodle on one of my Magics as the foot brace and everyone that uses the boat likes it better than the pedals. It is very sturdy and isn't going to turn loose and slide around if sand gets in it like the pedals can. My son takes his dates out on one of the Magics and he just uses a turkey hunting seat...it has a strap adjustable back that is supported by the base of the seat. A stadium seat would also work. You can also get fancy and get a padded bass boat seat, screw some angles wooden wedges to the bottom of the seat to give a little recline angle to it and just set it in place. I could also see getting some aluminum angle or square tubing, cutting it to length to attach to the plug and play clips, and then attaching a seat to the tubing.

#3 alafen

alafen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

Help! How to fix the cracks at the ends of the aluminum rails at the rivet points?

Thank you for your info. I had this kayak for almost 2 year and really enjoying it. I actually purchased an extra foot brace system from a local store. But I heard a story from the store owner while I am shopping which stop me to purchase second seat.

I was told the magic is easy to get cracks at the ends of the aluminum rails at the rivet points when the person is over 300 lbs or used for two people. Then I went back home and check my magic which I notice it has 3 cracks already at exact where the rivets locate. I did some research online for how to repair those cracks and find you mentioned this problems at various posts and tried to fix it.

From following post you mentioned that you will write an article about how to fix the problem and I couldn't find your article. Could you please write some steps / comments about how to fix it? Many many thanks!

http://www.nativeown...hp/t-13418.html

One suggestion I'll throw out there is to get some of the plug and play clips and attach an accessory seat to the boat by bolting the adjustment straps to the clips. Then use the adjustable thwart tube that also clips into the plug and play slots as the foot brace. You can get a pool noodle and slide it over the thwart tube to pad it. If you don't have the tube or clips, they should be available at Get:Outdoors. I use the tube and pool noodle on one of my Magics as the foot brace and everyone that uses the boat likes it better than the pedals. It is very sturdy and isn't going to turn loose and slide around if sand gets in it like the pedals can. My son takes his dates out on one of the Magics and he just uses a turkey hunting seat...it has a strap adjustable back that is supported by the base of the seat. A stadium seat would also work.
You can also get fancy and get a padded bass boat seat, screw some angles wooden wedges to the bottom of the seat to give a little recline angle to it and just set it in place. I could also see getting some aluminum angle or square tubing, cutting it to length to attach to the plug and play clips, and then attaching a seat to the tubing.

#4 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

http://www.nativeown...na-leave-a-mark!

Here you go. Read the blogs.

Here is the best video I've seen for working on a crack:

The plastic you will get from Native will be thin cut strips of boat hull. You work those into the v-groove this guy talks about making. I think the iron is easier to use than a hot air heat gun...much more control. Make sure you get a decent iron though. I bought a piece of junk from Harbor Freight for $15.00 and the tip broke off right off the bat.
Here is a decent kit with plastic that will work:
http://www.paddlersc...elding-kit.aspx
I suggest working up the crack a little at a time...melt in your V about an inch and while that plastic is still hot and soft, work in the new plastic...that bond between plastics is important. The melted stuff will melt over the hard...but doesn't bond to it...so the crack can reopen. Melting hot into hot works well. You can build up the plastic too and once it has cooled, shave it down with a true-form or knife.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users