Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

got my Redfish

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jazilla

jazilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

I got my Redfish 12 a few days ago and took it out on its first voyage the very next day. That thing is awesome. I stayed dry and had a great paddle. What also made the paddle that much better was the seat. The versa board DVC deluxe seat has the same bolt pattern as the Redfish seat. I had it swapped out before it even left the paddle shop.

Posted Image

#2 Oldgringo

Oldgringo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Looking forward to paddling with you sometime.:)

#3 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:34 PM

I wondered about the seat.

#4 jazilla

jazilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

Looking forward to paddling with you sometime.:)

I am hoping this will be in October.

I wondered about the seat.

Dude the seat really is as magical as everyone says it is.

#5 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:04 AM

Awesome! When you mate the deluxe seat to a Redfish you get an excellent value kayak with a seat that's as comfortable as the higher dollar boats. -good fishing!

#6 tph

tph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

jazilla.....I have a Redfish 14 on order at P&P. Would you recommend I get the DVC seat for it?

#7 bauc

bauc

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

post some pics :)

#8 jazilla

jazilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

You better believe I would recommend the DVC seat for it. That seat is a Cadillac. It puts the stock seat to shame. If your going to spend more than an hour or two in your Redfish I would defiantly change it out.

#9 jazilla

jazilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,047 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

Nice, looks like someone commandeered your Redfish.

#11 vanjr

vanjr

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

Agree with the DVC seat is possibly the BEST reason for buying this yak IMO. Wonderful comfort.

#12 jumboshrimp

jumboshrimp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Awesome yak! I might have to get that DVC seat.. I've got the stock and thought it was alright but an upgrade would be nice.

#13 egully87

egully87

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

I just picked up my Redfish 14 yesterday. First thing I did is take it home and replace the seat. On one hand I think its good that Native puts a seat on the boat for you. Most sit on tops don't come with any seat. On the other hand, really? That seat is worthless. I got the Comfy Deluxe Big Back Kayak Seat from Austinkayak.com. You have to add a couple pad eyes but its not a big deal. I also put on a couple flush mount Scotty's behind the seat and a couple of Ram mounts in the front that I put a dash board on that I made from a cutting board. My fish finder and transducer are mounted to the dash. I'm debating weather or not to mount a Scotty rod holder in the front. I tell ya, there is nothing harder than drilling holes into a brand new kayak that you just picked up and pulled the tags off of. Especially when you drill the 1 3/8 holes for the flush mount Scotty's. After all that, I got to put it on the water. Let me start by saying I replaced a 12.5 ft Ocean Kayak Scramber XT. The redfish is awesome. It sits nice and high in the water and is smooth as can be. Also its stable as all get out. I was able to sit side saddle in it with no problems. I even stood in it with no real trouble on the first try. I just can't say enough good things about this boat. The finish is great and seems well made, except for that seat. I do like the DVC seat a lot and think thats a great idea. How much is the Seat?

#14 jazilla

jazilla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

The seat was $164 and I couldn't be happier with it. I am taking it out on its first fishing trip this weekend. Actually my first fishing trip in a good may years. I have added an anchor system but nothing else as of yet. Looking at adding a GPS mount soon as it keeps getting in the way. I don't have a FF yet but like I said YET. Love what you have done with the boat. I am also thinking about adding a big center hatch but I think there is foam under the deck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users