Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

fish finder?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 plskiracing

plskiracing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:46 PM

hey i was wondering if anyone has ever tried mounting a fish finder on the versa board. If so, where did you put the transducer? cant think of anything with the lack of underdeck access. let me know if you have any thoughts.

#2 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:15 AM

i had discussed it earlier but never ended up doing it. you could mount the tranducer next to the skeg if u have long arms. feeding the wire forward would require a hole anyway, so you could just drill that hole pass a wire or something back and tape the end of the transducer to it and drag it forward

#3 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

If you wanted a no-drill option, that would be removable, another option would be to mount a bar on the groove track that would allow a drop-over the side install. -Philip

#4 plskiracing

plskiracing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:57 PM

do you have an example? I can't even get my hands on one of those groove tracks, as the liquid logic brand comes without it. Any idea where i could get either of those?

#5 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

Get:Outdoors has the tracks. They're not on their website yet so you'll need to call to place an order. http://www.shopgetoutdoors.com/.

I haven't had the need for a transducer on my VB so I haven't done this but the idea is an adaptation of what I do with my Ult. 14 track.

-Philip

#6 plskiracing

plskiracing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

this seems like a nice possibility. thinking of mounting it on the front bungee area. what do you think?

http://madfroggear.com/lillypad.html

#7 NOG Admin

NOG Admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

Mad Frog makes quality acc. You'd probably want to attach the Lily pads clips to the bungee stays, with rings, instead of the bungee cord themselves to create a solid attachment. Overall it'd be a more expensive method but if it's in the budget it could serve multipurpose use, like attaching a camera mount then it could warrant the additional cost. -Philip

#8 FishNDoogie

FishNDoogie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:28 PM

Lowrance makes a scupper hole transducer mount. I'm looking into this for my Mango VB. If it's sticking out the bottom you got to make sure your not going to bounce it off any rocks. Doogie

#9 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

Get:Outdoors also carries the full line of Yak Attack accessories. They make a short track that their stuff attaches to so you could easily remove the stuff sticking out if needed.

#10 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

FYI other than drilling a 7/8" hole in the deck, mine ended up being much easier to install than I thought it would be...I've had it in now for about 2 months with no issues. One product that can be used to hull mount the transducer more temporarily would be Duct seal...a few guys I know swear by it, I still like the lexel but it's not for everyone.

#11 plskiracing

plskiracing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Would you mind sharing some pictures when you get around to it?

#12 nj05nismo

nj05nismo

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 977 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Would you mind sharing some pictures when you get around to it?

Me? If so I had posted a thread about it http://nativeownersg...dadding-the-ff/

#13 cheeseman

cheeseman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:29 PM

i use a hummingbird 160 with the suction cup between my various boats. no issues.

#14 rgramjet

rgramjet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Id love to see how you guys mounted the transducers......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users