Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Cover for Marvel 12 cockpit

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 demers669

demers669

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:07 AM

Just purchased a Marvel 12 and want to get a cockpit cover. Where can I get a cover? Thanks. Dave

#2 Upaddle2

Upaddle2

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Unfortunately Native no longer makes a Marvel 12 cockpit cover. However, we do carry a selection of Seals cockpit covers that are custom made for the Marvel 12. Give us a call (800-450-6819) and we can get one shipped to you ASAP! Thanks, Will

#3 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

I don't know that I'd use the word unfortunately. The custom Seal covers are high quality and perfectly fitted for our boats. It's a very good purchase.

#4 Upaddle2

Upaddle2

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Seer, Truthfully I couldn't agree more! Thanks, Will

#5 demers669

demers669

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

Just ordered one from Get Outdoors. Thanks for the replies

#6 waterlove

waterlove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:38 PM

Unfortunately Native no longer makes a Marvel 12 cockpit cover. However, we do carry a selection of Seals cockpit covers that are custom made for the Marvel 12. Give us a call (800-450-6819) and we can get one shipped to you ASAP!

Thanks,
Will

Are the Seals covers you're speaking of their 7.0, or are they different?

A local store sold me a Seals #7 for the Marvel 12 saying it fit and was better. I agree the quality of the material is probably heavier than the one we have from Native for our Marvel 10 and seems very well made. It was also less expensive and came w/a strap and a hook to secure it that the Native brand didn't. However, it doesn't fit anywhere near as 'custom' as our Native brand one and it caved in under some short moderate rain. This never happened w/the one we have from Native even after some really heavy rain. The Native one does fit pretty tight and is even a little tough for some to get on by themselves. While we might get an indent of water (that you could easily poor off w/a slight tilt of the boat); it never pulled off the boat (even w/o a belly strap) or got any water inside. I am assuming the reason this one pulled off under the weight of a relatively small amount of water is because it is already somewhat slack and not stretched tight across the opening of the cockpit. I am going to try shortening the elastic that goes around the outside but not sure if that will solve the problem. So am wondering if there is one that fits better. Or if anyone has any other suggestions or remedies.

And Native/Liquid Logic: Why are you not making covers and other accessories for Marvels? We love our boats!

Thanks!

#7 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:18 PM

The one I ordered said it was specifically made for the Marvel 12. There was no number on it. It has been out in a deluge where the water had pooled up and was running over the sides without it leaking. It's a very tight fit.

#8 waterlove

waterlove

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

Thanks Seer! Sounds like maybe yours really is custom made for it. (unlike what I was told and sold at another store) Did you order yours from Get Outdoors? Is your experience/usage while traveling or just storage?

#9 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 07:17 AM

Actually, I bought mine from Oak Orchard. I did a pretty extensive Google search and their site and some place in Miami were the only sites I could find that actually listed one specifically made for our boats. I'd bet, since Get Outdoors carries Seal that they could get you one cheaper than what I paid. If you're thinking about a skirt, you should order that at the same time. Seal really makes quality stuff. I paid less than $100 for both. I use it both for storage and carting around. It's so tight it's a bit of a pain to get on single handedly, but it's totally worth the extra minute or two to get it on. I really like the strap around the body feature. It also has a loop in the front and I clip a strap from that to the front handle bungee just in case. I'm not sure it's really needed though. I've had it up to 70 mph sitting upright on top of the truck and it hasn't even budged.

#10 demers669

demers669

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

I bought mine from Get Outdors and they had it to me in a few days after ordering. I am not sure if it is a Seal or not, but it fits tightly on the cockpit and has not come loose at 70+mph.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users