Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

I need some kind of accessories bag

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 seniorlady

seniorlady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

For my Marvel 12, I need something to put small stuff in. Are any of you using small deck bags, or under deck bags or anything like that and, if so, could you pass on a brand name and how you installed it? Native makes a bag for the Ultimate that is meant to hang inside one side but talks about the adapt a track (?) which I obviously don't have but when I look at the picture of the bag, it appears to have straps going over the side. I'm wondering if that could be adapated to my yak. Also, North Water makes an underdeck bag, a turtle back bag, and an interior mounted cockpit bag (set of two). I have a Marvel cockpit deck so I'm not sure how any of this would fit but if any of you have experience that you could pass on, I sure would appreciate it.

#2 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

First off what are you going to be using this storage for? Camera? Sunscreen, fishing gear? I have found that I can get alot of gear in a 30 liter Sealline baja bag in the rear compartment with 2 10 liters bags either side of that. A 20 liter baja bag behind the seat and a 24 can soft sided cooler under deck between my foot pegs up front. Plus a kodiak sealline 15 liter bag on either sie of the foot pegs in the bow, they are long and narrow. Everything below deck line. I also have a 5 liter baja bag attacthed to the bottom seat rail (via some cord and a small beaner) for camera sunglasses and the like. All these bags have the roll down and clip features so snothing gets wet. If you scan ebay you can get them real cheap if you aren't picky about color and are patient. I have overnighted this way with tent, sleeping bag, thermarest sleeping pad, camp pillow, extra close and shoes, food, drinks, tent fan you name it. All under deck. All my buddies can't believe what I bring along in my Marvel. Tent, sleeping bag and pad are backpacking gear so they are light and compact so that helps with those items. They do make some nice deck bags that would work nicely but they are pricey compared to dry bags I mentioned. I hope this helps if not thanks for readint thsi ramble LOL!

#3 Seer

Seer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

I picked up a Kayak Console as my boat didn't come with a drink holder or the Marvel deck. Its watertight compartment is good for holding my keys, wallet, phone and some other small odds and ends. It has a velcro pouch for sunglasses or snacks. Plus I no longer have to search for my water bottle anymore. It attaches to the yak with an elastic bungie that slips around the cockpit lip.
Posted Image

#4 seniorlady

seniorlady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:04 PM

I just want something for camera, cell phone, lotion, bug spray, chap stick and whatever else I can think of. We were out today and I realized that I can reach that deck area right behind the cockpit so I could put something there. I have a dry bag for mostly dry clothing but don't take it in the summer. I also have a waterproof fanny pack for my epi pens and some paperwork. I have the screw down Marvel console which works well for a few things like pliers, and other small fish stuff but I tried the one like you got, Seer, in the store and the bungies let go and almost launced me out of the yak so I nixed that. It probably would have worked fine. I will look at those other bags that yakmang suggested too. I just found a long, narrow, tool bag that isn't being used and I think I'm going to use it for the time being until I find what I want. My phone and camera are already water proof. I do think that set of two underdeck cockpit bags on either side would work--I didn't realize how much room there was there. I would like something underneath, out of the sun. This is another learning curve going from a SOT to the Marvel which I did primarily because of the weight but I think I'm going to really like the Marvel when I get it set up. Spent some time in 6" of nice, cool, stream water today dragging it over flat rocks but most of the time it was easy going. Thanks for the suggestions. I have spent so much time packing stuff on horseback for the past 40 years that I may be beyond my sleeping on the ground experiences so probably won't be packing so much camping equipment in my kayak unless there's something we just can't resist.

#5 yakmang

yakmang

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

Native watercraft makes a little fishing tackle box that fits into a velcro bag that attacthes to the bottom of the seat. It is made out of the same mesh material that the seat is made of. You could remove the plastic tackle box and use that. It would be right there between your legs and easily accesed. Ofourse they are exspensive. I was fortunate to score one off ebay for $14. I couldn't believe it. Not sure they make them anymore but I'm glad I found one a few months back. It's nice but I would have never paid the $39 for it. Do a search online and see if you can find one hangin out there. You might get it cheap. Just a thought. Good luck in your search! It's fun I think to find that little something to add to your yak that makes you feel equipped and functional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users