Toggle %s Hello Guest

Hello!

If this is your first visit, we invite you to register (click here) for full user access. Membership is free but is required in order to post to our forums. Membership entitles you to a discount on Native Watercraft Accessories purchased through the forum host, Get:Outdoors. Please read over guidelines and rules on the use of the forum here (Click Here)

Thank you.
Welcome Guest Messages 6.0.0 © 2018 VirteQ

Photo
- - - - -

Automatic for the people - Native's quest for what you want next

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 02seedoc

02seedoc

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationWilmington NC

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

Now that I have a dock, it would be nice to have points of attachment so a davit could swing the boat in the water. My Mariner has the plug and play clips which work on that model. The newer boats are to heavy to lift/launch with dock situations. As I cruise up my creek there are a lot of yaks on docks. The tide can shift 4 foot on my dock daily so it would be difficult to lift a Native out of the water. For the past 7 years I have launched at ramps directly out of my pick up. Many freshwater dock situations also can have varying heights of water depending on the time of year. I am sure one of the rack companies will come up with a system to lift the yaks to roof racks if there was appoint of attachment

#102 Anton

Anton

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, South Australia

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:12 PM

Sounds like a Propel Deuce Coupe, angler version.

Hmm, that's one way of putting it. :D

#103 dantheman2486

dantheman2486

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

I would like to see a ultimate fx tandem with propel
  • jsang likes this

#104 mbob63

mbob63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

Just bought a Slayer 10 Propel. Loving the boat. Would love to see a 13 foot performance hull around 25 inches wide that I could purchase without the Propel unit. It would give me a hull to tour and train with simply by moving my Propel unit over from the Slayer. With these two hulls, I could cover my kayaking needs.

#105 NW Bird Hunter

NW Bird Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:45 PM

Would like to see what they could for those of us who hunt from these boats. I have the  U14.5, it has good trekking ability, handles my gear well. Weight could be a little lighter.  A place to set your shotgun along the inside might be nice. A full length bow to stern cover in a good camo pattern for using as  layout boat. Must have room for the dog too.  Also, a couple of more dealers in the Washington state would be great. 

#106 s.nash

s.nash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLondon,Ontario,Canada

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:35 AM

Probably a little late replying here,i'm just in the process of researching pedal yaks to buy one, pretty much like the slayer propel 10 or wish they had a twelve b/c they have REVERSE lol. I currently own a frontier 10 which I absolutely love, 38'' wide 10ft with a 20''  wide open deck with tracks on both sides  that run most of the length of the yak. The main feature I like is you can add a swivel seat in there which I have it sits about 9 1/2'' from the floor to the top of seat where you sit, sitting lower you don't lose your center of gravity it's absolute perfect and what a blast fighting fish with a swivel seat I'm usually spinning that seat all over and laughing at the same time when I got a big channel cat on or something big lol. Man I would hate to give that up. Maybe some how incorporate that into the slayer propel drive yaks. What a combo that would be lol. From what I've read and seen on the slayer is that they have a fixed rudder. A retractable would prob be better out of water no worries when running shallow water ect. But its not a deal breaker. Looks like you have some great products there that interest me such as the slayer propel 10. I have all winter to research on it and then i'll prob make my move in the spring time. Here's my little tenner lol

Attached Files

• Attached File  015.JPG   332.78KB   1 downloads

#107 Kcdude

Kcdude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 10:22 PM

How about a Ultimate FX 12 with a 500lb capacity? At 260lb, 6'2" I am still looking for a 12' yak that is light enough to cartop.

#108 yooper

yooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:59 PM

The Slayer Propel 10 needs:

- some reinforcing/stiffening in the bow.  When I am pedaling hard the entire bow twists around the Propel mount.  One way to do this would be to make the storage well in the bow similar to the Slayer 13, with a full floor and scuppers.  Also makes a nice live well.

- two flush rod holders behind the seat, pointing aft.  I'll be installing my own aftermarket ones shortly.

#109 GillGrabber

GillGrabber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationKansas City, Missouri

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:30 PM

Would like to see a stand up casting bar developed for the Propel series.  I know they make other casting bars that can be adapted for the propels but I see nothing specific to the Propels available.

#110 strickland

strickland

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Australia

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:58 AM

Native has a begun a program on facebook, called automatic for the people, a venue for users and fans to voice their desires on what kind of kayak they'd like to see developed. A sit-on-top, hybrid, pedal powered or any mix, the canvas is blank. I'd also like to hear what accessories and or improvements to the current line you'd like to see as well. Be as specific as possible, thanks, Philip

Hello.

Am new user. I understand that competitors have aligned themselves with Lowrance or Humminbird and design and produce kayaks that are tailored to fit respective manufacturers transducers.

I would like to see Native modify the Slayer 13 to accept side imaging transducer mounting under the hull. At present the only options are aftermarket gunwhale mounting or handyman under hull mounting.

• yooper likes this

#111 yooper

yooper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2016 - 08:46 AM

Hello.

Am new user. I understand that competitors have aligned themselves with Lowrance or Humminbird and design and produce kayaks that are tailored to fit respective manufacturers transducers.

I would like to see Native modify the Slayer 13 to accept side imaging transducer mounting under the hull. At present the only options are aftermarket gunwhale mounting or handyman under hull mounting.

I'd like to reinforce this.  

#112 janco

janco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:29 AM

Are you considering to add a pedelec system, so an electric aid support system to your pedal drive? In bicycles (ebikes) it is a huge success nowadays and it will help you cover longer distances against current.

#113 oarfish

oarfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:25 AM

Ok. Here's my .02 worth.

How about you keep the pedal part (upper unit) of the Propel drive and attached that to a lower unit similar to an Archimedes' screw. The "screw" would run under or inside a concave hull (fore and aft). So, in theory, you could run the boat in skinny water or even run it aground without hurting the drive.
  • NOG Admin likes this

#114 Crawfish

Crawfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationDunwoody, GA

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:08 PM

I would like a 20# lighter 14.5 Slayer, (or new design), and/or a Hurricane Skimmer 14 with a Slayer type seat.

My Slayer is a great boat, and I can put it up on the car top rack without a struggle. But, as I age, (I will be 70 in November), I would think a lighter boat would be a big hit with the enormous Baby Boomer group I am a part of. There are a lot of us!

Hurricanes are GREAT boats, but I don't like the wet butt seat design. I suspect I am not alone.
  • NOG Admin likes this

#115 ilmpackfan

ilmpackfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 11:03 AM

I was between a Manta Ray 14 and a Skimmer 140 and opted for the Manta Ray because of the seat.  At the time, the seating was way more important than the weight of the kayak but I am still young-ish.  While the MR14 at 69 pounds is not heavy when compared to other kayaks like the Propel or FX15, the Skimmer comes in at 52 pounds.  After paddling for 6+ hours in the beat-me-down sun, top-loading a MR14 is not exactly what I would call fun...even at 69 pounds.  I would like for my next kayak to be somewhat lighter but still have that quality Native/Liquidlogic seat.

I suppose a lot of Native's decisions depends on their customer's demographics.  Do most of their customers top load or trailer load?  If most trailer load and do not mind trailer load, then I do not see why Native would move to a lighter kayak.

Now I could see the Hurricane line offering a DVC type of option for cushier seating.  I know it would add some weight but having this as a customer add-on should be acceptable, I would think.

Edit: I also did not like the fact that the Skimmer only had 2 scuppers.  I wasn't thrilled that the MR14 had the smaller scuppers but there was still more than 2 of them.  Maybe it's just me but I would prefer more scuppers if I am going out in the ocean.

#116 johnkook73

johnkook73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationPrince George, Va

Posted 02 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

I would love to see in the future an all in one drop in trolling motor for the Propel kayaks like what Old Town and Wilderness Systems have made.

• tailnreds and Short Attention Span like this

#117 Bassbrew

Bassbrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:16 PM

I've owned a Ulimate FX Propel for a month or so and I can only think of one upgrade.  It would be nice to have some fold away foot braces for those shallow times when you just have to paddle. For short distances I don't miss them, but after a while you notice how nice they would be.

#118 Jack Millet

Jack Millet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationWhite, Georgia

Posted 20 September 2016 - 04:40 PM

Get some Trolling motor company to come out with a Trolling motor to fit the propel series. It should be a short shaft version with high poundage output. Like 86 # but in 12 instead of 24. Just my thoughts.

#119 boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy

Super Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:33 PM

Had it years ago...very few sales....

Just a drop of water in an endless sea...

#120 Short Attention Span

Short Attention Span

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAdelaide South Australia

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:22 AM

Native has a begun a program on facebook, called automatic for the people, a venue for users and fans to voice their desires on what kind of kayak they'd like to see developed. A sit-on-top, hybrid, pedal powered or any mix, the canvas is blank. I'd also like to hear what accessories and or improvements to the current line you'd like to see as well. Be as specific as possible, thanks, Philip

Sit on, high seat suitable for stowing things underneath.

Similar or same hull as a PA  with inside hull rod stowage.

Flip up front well cover rather than the add on one currently available

Better maneuverability, ie smaller turning circle n better tracking. 

Working in unison with the likes of Lowrance, Garmin, or others for suitable add on's. Again like Hobie.

How long ago were those motors available and @ what cost?

Were they simply too expensive at the time to be efficient ways of propulsion?

Are they suitable for Slayers also?

Perhaps with the price of electric motors coming down like they have, there is a case for  the like of Jarvis Walker or Haswing to manufacture again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users